Movies Kanye Confirms TV Series With HBO, Clarifies Plot

K

Kidd

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kanye West has confirmed that he is working with Borat director Larry Charles and producer Rick Rubin to produce an untitled television series for HBO.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]West clarified the television show's subject matter and denied that is was reality series. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I wouldn’t do something as cliché as a reality show,†West said in a statement. “At least give me the credit for being more creative than that.â€[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]West said that he has been developing the pilot for the past two years with Charles and Rubin, who co-founded Def Jam with Russell Simmons in 1984. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“It’s a situational half-hour comedy," West said. "It’s fictional, and loosely based on my life." [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Charles has served as an executive producer for hit HBO shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm and Entourage, while Rubin is well known for his pioneering work with artists like Run-DMC, The Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, The Geto Boys, Johnny Cash, Neil Diamond, Slayer and others.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At last year's Prime Time Emmy Awards, HBO earned the most Emmy Awards out of any television network with 26, and West hopes to achieve similar success with his television series. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Maybe this will give me the opportunity to spazz out at the Emmys one day,†West quipped.[/FONT]
http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6594

Oh great.