Kansas City Royals sued over tossed hot dog

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Unity, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Courtesy of the Associated Press, via Stltoday.com:
    Kansas City Royals sued over tossed hot dog - STLtoday.com

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

He deserves nothing.

When you go to a baseball, you automatically accept that you are putting yourself in potential harm's way. Flying bats, balls and even players are risks. A hot dog? I guess I still don't see how it can cause so many problems and I don't know how you can't be paying attention when stuff is being thrown into the stands. Bottom line, I don't think the guy deserves a dime.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't think he deserves anything either. When you go to sporting events you should be paying attention to whatever is going on. Whether there are balls, bats, or hot dogs flying into the stands, you should be ready for them.

4. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I don't think he deserves anything either.

Regardless of that, I literally laughed out loud reading this in the paper earlier this week!

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I heard about this on Pardon the Interuption a few days ago, and I totally agree with Cons and Echoes. When you go to sporting events you have to expect the unexpected so to speak. The chances of ball/bats going in the stands are really high, and even though this hot dog incident probably won't happen again in the next five years or so(just guessing since it's very rare) you have to be ready for anything that might come your way.