• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kalisto - spoilers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Why did he win the U.S Title on Raw, then lose it on Smackdown? Why even bother? Just take whatever growing interest by fans in the character and just toss it in the trash. If he doesn't get over, then have him drop the belt back at the Rumble, or something. But a one day reign? Sheesh.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My guess? Prove that stuff actually happens on Smackdown now

Plus the real big shocking title win on RAW got people talking

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
People want title changes. So the WWE is doing it. People will complain about it, then complain later about a lack of title changes. So is the IWC.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I do wish they would have kept it on him. I think if you want to show that titles can change on Smackdown, have him win it there in the first place. It would be one thing if he only held it for a month, but a few days seems to make it meaningless. Kalisto is damn talented so I feel bad for him.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
This is the most frustrating part of WWE Creative. Sometimes, they find a way to knock it out of the park with some great stuff and then, they make asinine decisions that completely ruin the momentum of workers. No wonder people are worried about they'll do with the New Japan guys.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally don't feel too bad for Kalisto. He won an awesome match in shocking fashion over a Mexican great and then had an awesome rematch.

And now he's earned a singles match on a PPV...a big 4 PPV at that. He's probably not too sad about how things are going.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It's not that he lost the title back to Alberto Del Rio that was disappointing but how quick he did. Hell, Del Rio would've won it back only at the Royal Rumble and I would've been OK with it. I think we all pretty much expected Kalisto's reign to be short but not THAT short.

It's funny 'cause it made me think of one thing. I was listening to Chris Jericho's podcast when he had Freddie Prinze Jr. as his guest. Freddie talked about Vince's creative thought process during creative meetings and he mentioned how Vince was very reluctant into pushing smaller guys because he thinks that if they get injured, he can't count on them to carry the load. It's funny though....how many times John Cena has had a serious injury over the past few years? You hear Vince being worried over Rey Mysterio & Daniel Bryan's durability but never for Cena. The other part of this podcast explains the rest of Vince's thought process. A must-listen.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I personally don't feel too bad for Kalisto. He won an awesome match in shocking fashion over a Mexican great and then had an awesome rematch.

And now he's earned a singles match on a PPV...a big 4 PPV at that. He's probably not too sad about how things are going.
I think the setup of that one-on-one PPV match is definitely a good thing for Kalisto, but the payoff would be if he could win the title from here and hang onto it. Otherwise, I'd say this ultimately sucked for him because what's the point of doing it for such a short duration? Great accomplishment but fans won't remember a 3 day reign.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
If Kalisto does win the title on Sunday then I could see him perhaps bringing back the US Open Challenge even if it's just through Mania. He could have some great and fresh matches.