Kaberle

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Leafs are trying to trade Kaberle, but right now they haven't received any good offers.

Kaberle is a good offensive/defensive defenseman, he's a good puck mover and he's a good player to have on the power play.

He has one year left on his contract, he'll be making 4.25 million this upcoming season.

If you were the Leafs would you trade Tomas and try to get a valuable player in return, or even some draft picks? Or you would keep him since he's your best defenseman and chances are that he'll re-sign after his contract is done.

Thoughts?

I admire Kaberle for wanting to stay in Toronto, but hes what? 32, shouldn't he be wanting to go to a team with Stanley Cup chances?

From what I hear Bobby Ryan rejected an offer from the Ducks. So if the Ducks want a D-man maybe Ryan for Kaberle ++++. question is, who would the Leafs give up to acquire Ryan?

Beef

Registered Member
Have never understood the Maple Leafs insistance on trying to trade Kaberle. He is in his prime right now and if they are going to make a run back to the playoffs he is going to be a big part of it. Yes he's 32 but he still has a lot of miles left. He has been realatively healthy throughout his career and is a bargain at his cap level. I also haven't understood Kaberle's loyality to the Leafs in their efforts to trade him and the state of the team for the last seven years. But it may finally pay off for him if they can make it back to the post season this year. At the very least they should be better than they have been in a long time, but they are still far from a contender.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have never understood the Maple Leafs insistance on trying to trade Kaberle. He is in his prime right now and if they are going to make a run back to the playoffs he is going to be a big part of it. Yes he's 32 but he still has a lot of miles left. He has been realatively healthy throughout his career and is a bargain at his cap level. I also haven't understood Kaberle's loyality to the Leafs in their efforts to trade him and the state of the team for the last seven years. But it may finally pay off for him if they can make it back to the post season this year. At the very least they should be better than they have been in a long time, but they are still far from a contender.
My sentiments exactly my friend. If they trade Kaberle then they lose their best defenseman. One of his strongest assets is the way he moves the puck, which is very important to have, losing that would be a huge blow to the Leafs defense.

I never understood why they've been trying to trade him for the last few seasons either. He's the leader on that team, I know Phaneuf is the Captain but for the last few seasons the go to guy in that dressing room as been Kaberle. The onely reason why he hasn't been named Captain is because they've been trying to get rid of him.

I would understand if he told the Leafs management that he wants to get traded, or he won't re-sign with them after his contract is up. But he never did. Keep Tomas, he's a great talent.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems like we hear Kaberle trade rumors all the time. Either deal him or don't deal him but I'm tired of hearing about it.

He'd be perfect on a team who is ready to win right now.