Kaberle Hurt

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
The Toronto Maple Leafs didn't beat the New Jersey Devils just for the much-needed two points in the playoff hunt. They also did it for defenseman Tomas Kaberle.
Angered by a late hit that sent their teammate off the ice on the stretcher in the second period, the Maple Leafs rallied from a two-goal third-period deficit and then got shootout goals from Yanic Perreault, Alex Steen and Jeff O'Neill in posting a 4-3 win that denied Martin Brodeur his 40th win on Friday night.
I didn't see the hit yet but when I do I'll probably be steeming about it for quite some time. Sounds like a cheap hit but I dunno yet. Just what the Leafs need now though is their top D-Man gone for any amount of time really and it will almost kill their hopes of going into the playoffs. We need to step it up like they did tonight if they want to make it anywhere this year. It's been 40 years since they won the cup please guys im begging ya step it up and make the playoffs and pull off some upsets and take home the cup. Us leaf fans deserve it. With this injury though I think we killed our hopes.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Recap&seas=20062007&gtype=2&gnum=968

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was a dirty hit, and he's lucky that he's only going to miss a few games. I expected way more when I first saw the hit. Jansen got suspended three games for this hit, he does deserve the suspension. Kaberle is there best defenseman and is presence will be miss.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Not only that but the NHL is saying they are going to crack down on plays that are questionable by making these bull sh!t calls where you can't touch a player with your stick or you'll get two minutes but this hit maybe one of the worst hits we've seen in such a long time got nothing. Im really pissed off with the refs of the game. The hit was way late and it could have :censored: ended Kaberle's career way to short. It was a cheat shot at one of the best players in the NHL. The NHL needs to step in and send a message that hits like this wont be tolerated. They need to get rid of this guy for the rest of the year and then see what he'll do next time they face the Leafs. Ooohh I can't wait for the rematch. Tucker is bound to give a nice check to Jannsen who by the way says he was only finishing his check well I sure do hope somebody finish's the check on him. Its only him and the refs I blame oh and the NHL for the suspension. I hold nothing against the devils. Good ol Colin White helped to get Kaberle off the ice and the rest of the Devils didn't seem to like the hit very much. Classy team.