K-Rod sets saves record

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Millz, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Quite the accomplishment by Francisco Rodriguez...this man is gonna make BANK in the off-season...

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a great accomplishment. But it helps that he plays on the Angels, and they are always playing in close games. But that's not taking away anything from K-Rod, he goes out there and gets the job done.

But I don't think he's the best closer in the league.

3. Millz

Alright, then who is? Rivera?

4. Babe_Ruth

I believe that Joe Nathan is the best closer in the league, he might not have the same amount as K-Rod, but Nathan has way better then numbers then K-Rod.

5. Millz

Nathan for sure...forget about him sometimes. His ERA is barely over 1.00...that's insane. K-Rod's is very good as well, though.

Sometimes I think the save is over-valued but sometimes its undervalued by people as well. If K-Rod or Nathan are on the Cardinals we're in first place since we've blown so many leads.

6. Babe_Ruth

Saves are very hard to value, sometimes closers get saves when there team are up by three runs and there's two outs, so all they need to do is get one out.

But on the other hand, sometimes the closer comes in up by one run, and face the three hardest hitters in the line up.

So it's very hard to judge.

7. Millz

Definitely agree. Some guys come in and get a save in which they pitch more then one inning as well. Its very hard to judge its value.

I dont think K-Rod had one instance in which he pitched more then one inning but I might be wrong. I mean I still thinks its a great accomplishment because, hell, its never been done before. But one can find ways to pick it apart a little bit...helps the Angels are so damn good to give him that many shots.