• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Justin Tucker wants to try a 70 yarder (in right conditions)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Ravens' Justin Tucker: 70-yard field goal can happen - NFL.com

He says that he kicked a 79 yard field goal with the wind in Denver and that he has the leg to break the NFL record if he is given the chance and conditions.

I think that he has to have some big brass cajones to come out and say this. I love the confidence this guy has and Tuck is quickly becoming one of my favorite Ravens. Since the Ravens' offense is having trouble moving the ball this season Harbaugh may give him his shot to break the NFL record. He could even break the college record of 65 yards if his stories are true. I would love to see a YouTube video of it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
His 62 yarder or whatever it was last week barely got over the bar. I could see him hitting from 70 in Denver. Not sure he could do it anywhere else unless there's a strong helping wind. Kicking in a game is totally different than kicking in warm-ups. But either way, he's on a hell of a run right now.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He missed a relatively easy FG today on a poor coaching decision. Ravens were down 20 points in the late third and Harbaugh called for mid-30 yarder and Tuck missed it slightly wide left.

The call shouldn't have been made but the FG definitely should have been made.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd love to see Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein try a 70 yarder in a game

In the safe conditions of the Dome he's nailed 70 yarders before. Would be cool to see.