• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

#JusticeForAhmaudArbery Trends, Alleged Killers Arrested and Charged with Murder

Impaired

Registered Member
The crime is swept under the rug and arrests are only made after the video, seen by LE, is leaked. Then another week passes before public outrage can't be ignored and arrests are made.

Trust me, if two black guys shot a white guy they thought was a criminal for stopping at a construction site while jogging, the narrative would be different.

it wouldn't have taken two months + for the arrest.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I don’t think it was a legal citizens arrest either, but that doesn’t make them guilty of murder. That seems to be the argument made by so many, in the news and social media. They were wrong about the citizens arrest. They shouldn’t have done it. That doesn’t mean they should be found guilty of murder.
I believe they should, since there was a victim and now he's dead.

As discussed, we can all agree the citizens arrest was wrong for these men to do, especially armed and outnumbering Ahmaud, with firearms no less. He was under no obligation to answer questions, stop, or do anything else under these men's supposed authority. Yet in the end, he was murdered. Shot point blank after fighting the man with the shotgun (as videos have show).

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I believe they should, since there was a victim and now he's dead.

As discussed, we can all agree the citizens arrest was wrong for these men to do, especially armed and outnumbering Ahmaud, with firearms no less. He was under no obligation to answer questions, stop, or do anything else under these men's supposed authority. Yet in the end, he was murdered. Shot point blank after fighting the man with the shotgun (as videos have show).
Just because there’s a victim and that victim is dead that doesn’t mean it’s murder. Then there would be no manslaughter, voluntary or involuntary. Murder requires intent. There’s no intent shown. He wasn’t shot point blank, he was shot during the struggle for the gun. If there was an intent to kill, they would have just pointed the gun at him and shot hit before he reached them.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The crime is swept under the rug and arrests are only made after the video, seen by LE, is leaked. Then another week passes before public outrage can't be ignored and arrests are made.

Trust me, if two black guys shot a white guy they thought was a criminal for stopping at a construction site while jogging, the narrative would be different.

it wouldn't have taken two months + for the arrest.
Can you provide an exact same situation, same exact facts, but with the white guy leaving the construction site? You know, to prove your point?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@CaptainObvious, I think @Impaired described a scenario that is is plausible. The news is filled with scenarios similar to what he mentioned. It might not be racism as a primary or even conscious motivator, but subconscious stereotypes and racism do exist even in people who are trying not to act on them.

Look into IATs done by Harvard if you want some interesting reading on the matter. Implicit Association Tests. It’s quite telling and an interesting ongoing study of subconscious bias.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
@Mirage. It’s pure surmise and conjecture. And really has no bearing on the facts of the case. Besides, they originally were not arrested on the basis that they concluded McMichael was defending himself. Once all the facts come out, that MAY BE the appropriate finding.

The issue isn’t whether the attempted citizens arrest was legal or not. The issue is did they subjectively believe they had a legal right to attempt it, and if so, did Aubrey become the aggressor.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The case could also be made that Aubrey was acting in self defense. To claim the two armed guys who camped out waiting for somebody to arrive are the victims here is a stretch IMHO.

Georgia law imposes fines for wrongful citizen’s arrest too, so there is precedent for classifying a citizen’s arrest as unjustified. If that happens, I imagine they lose their self defense claim because they become the unjustified aggressors in the eyes of the court.

Do they not?

Impaired

Registered Member
The amazing thing, is that despite the video being enough for an arrest warrant to be issued, people are still sure Arbery was a criminal worthy of death.

“Probable cause was clear to our agents pretty quickly,” Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vic Reynolds.

They saw the video and the next day arrested the two men. There was no reported or observed crime. No recent string of break-ins by a man of Arbery's description.

Last edited:

Shwa

V.I.P.
Just because there’s a victim and that victim is dead that doesn’t mean it’s murder. Then there would be no manslaughter, voluntary or involuntary. Murder requires intent. There’s no intent shown. He wasn’t shot point blank, he was shot during the struggle for the gun. If there was an intent to kill, they would have just pointed the gun at him and shot hit before he reached them.
I meant point blank in the chest area during the struggle, from the clips I've seen of the fight the shotgun was pointed at his chest at a close range. Now, can't verify if that was the killing blow but it seemed to be a strong factor (just by viewing what was available).

~Shwa

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The amazing thing, is that despite the video being enough for an arrest warrant to be issued, people are still sure Arbery was a criminal worthy of death.

“Probable cause was clear to our agents pretty quickly,” Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vic Reynolds.

They saw the video and the next day arrested the two men. There was no reported or observed crime. No recent string of break-ins by a man of Arbery's description.
I haven’t seen a single person claim he was worthy of death. Not one. I have no idea where you get that from.