• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Justice League movie

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Zack Synder has signed on to direct:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40870

Very cool, but with the exception of Batman, DC movies have been inferior to Marvel and this already feels like an inferior announcement.

Thoughts?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Bizzy said:
Zack Synder has signed on to direct:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40870

Very cool, but with the exception of Batman, DC movies have been inferior to Marvel and this already feels like an inferior announcement.

Thoughts?
I'll definitely enjoy this as a comic book fan, but I think that it won't do as well as Marvel movies. Despite the movie not being good, I do think that Ryan Reynolds should be brought back as The Green Lantern just to have a little continuity.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
DC is taking the reverse Marvel route still? Making the Justice League movie THEN splitting off to solo movies? Whereas Marvel built their Avengers movies by putting out the solo product first: Iron Man, Hulk, Thor...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Well, here's the first teaser for the Justice League movie. Count me in.

Konshentz

Konshentz
That looks pretty cool. But that was the same thing I thought after seeing the Batman vs. Superman trailer. And that turned out to be a tire fire. Haha. I'll probably wait and rent it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That looks pretty cool. But that was the same thing I thought after seeing the Batman vs. Superman trailer. And that turned out to be a tire fire. Haha. I'll probably wait and rent it.
Honestly, I liked it. There were a couple of moments that weren't great, but overall I thought Batfleck was great and there was more upside to it. Wonder Woman was phenomenal. That Batman fight scene in the warehouse may have been cooler than any single Batman fight scene I've seen in a long time. I get that it was no Marvel Studios movie, but I think a lot of people jumped onto that hate bandwagon before they even saw it.

Here's the official picture (and my new desktop wallpaper haha):

I was worried about how they'll characterize Barry Allen (The Flash) because the actor seemed so different than him and the footage in Batman v Superman didn't remind me of Allen at all - he's a forensic detective. However, his appearance in this trailer seemed pretty awesome. Almost reminded me of Wally West with his banter haha.

It definitely made me nerd out seeing this. However, Green Lantern is a personal favorite of mine. I don't get why - Ryan Reynolds flop or no - they aren't including him in this. It feels like something's missing. Hopefully he has an appearance in the movie, but I'm not holding my breath.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, here's the first teaser for the Justice League movie. Count me in.

That looks pretty good. Flash' part in that trailer was purely awesome. Definitely interested in seeing this.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Honestly, I liked it. There were a couple of moments that weren't great, but overall I thought Batfleck was great and there was more upside to it. Wonder Woman was phenomenal. That Batman fight scene in the warehouse may have been cooler than any single Batman fight scene I've seen in a long time. I get that it was no Marvel Studios movie, but I think a lot of people jumped onto that hate bandwagon before they even saw it.

I'm a huge Affleck fan, he was definitely my favorite part(s) of the movie. Tire fire might be a little harsh, but I thought the first hour or so was really bad. The last bit definitely helped it quite a bit though.

Ain't nothing touching this fight scene for me...

Still gives me chills. Haha.