• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Justice is served

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Well as many of you knwo my house got robbed this moarning.....Well the cops wouldn't do anything-So I did ...Tracked the SCUM for a few hours the it paid off ..I cought up to the Scumbags Clipped the one on my wifes bike and knocked his ass out cold. :lol: The other one got away with my tools & bilk (not before i hit him in the head with a rock(hope it hurts [email protected]#@er)and got his discription..When cops arrived they said that I could go to jail for viglantie justice(What I only knocked him out),and it would be best to let them do their job...(what job I found the Scum)One down one to go.......(I will get him)......
I know that the cops should handle this ,but shit I I'm tired of getting screwed out of things or property so it's time to fight back!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :tough: :tough:So no more Mr.nice guy... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pianobone

Registered Member
You hit him with a rock? Good Lord! Was it like a pebble, or did you pull a Wyle E. Coyote and drop a boulder off a cliff ?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
no boulder just a garden edger rock,abought the size of a softball...(teach him to steal )next time he needs to steal he will rember the rock.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Goof for you. That'll teach that SOB to fuck with someone elses property.

Now, only if they can catch other prick, then it will really be served!

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I'm Batman said:
When cops arrived they said that I could go to jail for viglantie justice(What I only knocked him out),and it would be best to let them do their job...(what job I found the Scum)One down one to go.......(I will get him)......
I know that the cops should handle this ,but shit I I'm tired of getting screwed out of things or property so it's time to fight back!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :tough: :tough:So no more Mr.nice guy... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Listen up here and listen to me good.

If the cops don't do their job right, especially in cases of gross incompetence, you have not only a right, but a RESPONSIBILITY to respond with as much resistance as necessary to undo the damage and quell the threat. The whole PURPOSE of having police is in fact to TAKE AWAY the need for people to resist and defend themselves whenever something happens to them. Were this not the case and there were no legitamate (righteous and competent) authority figures, then there would be complete chaos. This is not due to the fact that it is wrong to resist, but rather, when cases happen where resistance is necessary, it is very hard to gauge exactly what extent is necessary in order for justice to be proportionally and exactly served. Even for the best cops and the best "vigilantes", human judgement is never perfect. It is all an approximation, which basically means that there is too strong a tendancy for even the person who is resisting to escalate the situation beyond what is necessary.

What does all this mean for you? It means that there's nothing wrong with taking the law in your own hands when the police fail (you have a responsibility to do so) HOWEVER, if you indeed do this you must make sure that you only resist to the extent that it is necessary. You have a responsibility that, as imperfect as your judgement may be, you only do the bare minimum to (1) undo the damage and (2) to prevent the offenders from getting away with it. It may include violence (if that is necessary to get them to stay in one place until the cops show up) or it may include your own form of imprisonment (locking them in a closet, handcuffs, etc), but as long as you do it only to the BARE MINIMUM of the extent that it is necessary and do not use their crime as an excuse to commit a more severe one yourself it is justified, and you need not fear jail time or anything. The more you stick to what is necessary, the easy it will be to defend yourself later and keep yourself OUT of jail. A good lawyer can do this for you.

Of course, it's quite hard to judge what's necessary and what's not. After all, how do you compare the crime of robbing a place to the crime of physically hurting someone? You can't. They are crimes of completely different natures. So no matter what you do in resistance, a part of it will always be wrong. But that doesn't meant that it's wrong to resist. That's why I say that you have an ESPECIALLY HIGH obligation to use your best judgement when doing these things and make sure that at every given moment during your resistance to these crimes, you make sure that you yourself are in check. That is the answer to all the problems with the world personal responsibility. The more people have of it, the more that rules and absolutes of all types will be unnecessary. So make sure to demonstrate that in your persuit of them.

That's all I have to say. It's kinda odd because this issue of resistance and what is justified and what not has been an issue that's been on my mind as of late. Within the past two days, I've devoted a great deal of thought to it. Now I don't know the specifics of your story and wasn't there, so I can't give my own opinion of your actions, but I will say this now so that you know, just in case there's still more to be done.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
OK now that I have had time to cool off,The rock was one of the flat garden rock..(kids never throw rocks)_...I don't say what I did was right.I don't really sugest that you do either..When I found the Scumbags I really wasn't looking for them(I was looking at the bikes outside in diffrent app complexes).To make long story short they saw me walking their way and took off.(straight at me :hah: ).I hit the one on my wifes bike once KO,he fell on the other guy ,by time I got the first bike up second guy takes off again..Really couldn't move or chase him so...
You guessed it Caveman Justice!!! I threw a rock at him now where the rock hit him was either the shoulders or Bonk right on the head... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will now let the cops take over(I allready got one for them)....But If I see the other one well ???????????? :grin: I will let you know how it all turns out....
:3eye: :eek: :3eye:

Pianobone

Registered Member
Haha... "Captain Caaaave-Maaaan!"

Man, I miss the Flintstones.

Sword_Hunter

Registered Member
You see, the last two posts were off topic, and do they get a warning or anything.