Just when you thought it was safe to say..

..I'm in shape, you find out you're not.:(

For the past few years my main (actually only) exercise has been running. If someone had asked me if I thought I was in good shape I would have said "yes."
A foot injury has left me unable to run for a couple of months now, so I decided it was time to hit a gym. The cardio work-outs are no problem, I could spend hours on those machines. The weight machines on the other hand have left me feeling like a weakling. Especially those for the upper body.

If you work out, do you combine a healthy balance of cardio and resistance training?

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
If you want to pack on the muscle, you are going to want to limit your cardio. From what you are saying, you are in great cardiovascular health. If I were you, I would just lift. You could do a 15 minute warm up each time before lifting.

Rectify88

Registered Member
I always start out buy doing cardio. It gets your muscles stretched and ready for other excersies, I do both cardio and resistance training. If you don't want to bulk up, then you just do light resistance training, witch is when you don't lift to much weight but just enough so your getting some resistance. start out by doing ten of each excersice and when the weight gets to easy you go to do another 10 this tones your muscels and build them to.

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Well, I don't really want to pack on the muscle. I just want to get stronger in my upper body.
It's so strange to think you're in great shape, only to find out you're not.:mad:
There is a large spectrum of being in shape. On one side you have the marathon runners. On the other, there are the bodybuilders/power lifters.

padd

Registered Member
Well, I don't really want to pack on the muscle. I just want to get stronger in my upper body.
It's so strange to think you're in great shape, only to find out you're not.:mad:
how would she pack muscle.. she a girl.. you know more than me since it's your body.. that no matter how hard your work yourself, unless you inject some horomones in you.. a women will only get very toned if she hits alot of free weights, and is serious. it's all biology..

**oh wait.. did your 2 definition of pack muscle, did it reflect body-building?

Last edited:

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I do much more resistance than cardio which is silly I know. However I do a lot of walking and I'm just naturally very skinny so my aim is to bulk up more over general fitness.