Just ran my first 10k today

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just ran my first 10k today. A 10k is approximately 6.2 miles. To date this is the furthest I've ever run at once. I did it as part of my training for a half marathon or a marathon (I haven't decided which one I will do for sure yet). My time was 1 hour and 4 minutes.

So, have you ever ran a 10k? If so, what was your time?

Blueyes

Registered Member
Not only no but hail no. Running that much for kicks is just nuts to be lol. I've done 3 as my most and that only happens when I'm in a foul mood.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I guess it is just for kicks, even my end goal, but still. It's a challenge. :lol:

I did a 5k last Thursday, which is 3.1 miles. Then on Saturday I did 4 miles, then 5 miles on Monday and 6.2 today (added the .2 to make it a full 10k).

I am going to add 1 mile every other day (taking a day off in between each run) and see how many miles I can get up to. I've also been timing my 1600 meter (slightly under a mile) every two weeks to see how low I can get that.

Not only no but hail no. Running that much for kicks is just nuts to be lol. I've done 3 as my most and that only happens when I'm in a foul mood.
Me too.

I walked about 6 miles the other day so I've got a feel of the distance you're talking about, but there is no way on earth I would ever want to run it. Walking was fine though, I think I'll stick to that :lol:

Twitch

Registered Member
Yeah, right. I can barely do the 1 mile in school. I get like 12 minutes on it. Granted, I am not really trying..

But still, that's pretty amazing.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Well I guess it is just for kicks, even my end goal, but still. It's a challenge. :lol:

I did a 5k last Thursday, which is 3.1 miles. Then on Saturday I did 4 miles, then 5 miles on Monday and 6.2 today (added the .2 to make it a full 10k).

I am going to add 1 mile every other day (taking a day off in between each run) and see how many miles I can get up to. I've also been timing my 1600 meter (slightly under a mile) every two weeks to see how low I can get that.
So you didnt run a 10k event...you just ran 10 kilometers?

Looks like you are doing 10 minutes a mile. That is about what I do.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
So you didnt run a 10k event...you just ran 10 kilometers?

Looks like you are doing 10 minutes a mile. That is about what I do.
Yeah it wasn't an official 10k event. It was just on my own. I've been doing a lot of running lately training for some long distance stuff.

Cate

Registered Member
10km! good for you! I can only run 5 km so far, but by the end of the summer i hope to do at least 10. 5km takes me about 22-25 minutes, but my legs refuse to go any farther than that at the moment.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well your 5k time is definitely better than mine if you are getting 22-25 minutes. I need to time mine again but I timed it last week and got just under 30 minutes. Then for twice that it takes me just over an hour. I ran 10km again today and only shaved 30 seconds off my time from Wednesday, probably because I didn't let myself recover enough.

Ylem

Registered Member
Im at about 10 mins a mile 60 mins for a 6.2 at the local park.

Training for a marathon curently my ideal pace is 5 hours so i think 11:30 ish a mile

Last edited by a moderator: