PlayStation 2 Just ordered the Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mirage, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I ordered the Logitech G25 Racing Wheel late last week:

Logitech - G25 Racing Wheel - 963416-0403

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_2/wheels/devices/131&cl=us,en

It's supposed to arrive any day now. From what I've heard it's the best racing wheel available. It works on PS2, PS3, and PC.

Funny thing is Logitech makes an XBOX 360 wheel but it's crap in comparison. This is the only wheel and pedal combo that has a detachable 6 speed shifter console mount, as well as fully realistic pedals including a clutch. I guess PlayStation and PC are considered the only systems worth racing on. :)

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Ok this arrived yesterday and I have to say it was definitely worth every penny. I can't even utilize all of the features because I don't have a PS3 yet but from what I've used so far this is definitely the best steering wheel I've ever used.

The steering wheel has force feedback technology, which causes it to become harder to turn at high speeds, hard to stabalize if you loose control at high speeds, and hard to keep going straight if the road is bumpy. It moves on it's own just like a real wheel would do in similar situations.

It's much better than the first steering wheel I ever used which was around $30. After using this wheel I could never use a non force feedback wheel again.

It's funny because I had also wanted to get a Wii. One of my friends said I should have just got the Wii instead of a racing wheel that was even more expensive. Well after using this thing I can easily say that it sits in its own class of racing wheels. The ones without force feedback don't even compare.

Playing racing games with this thing is way more fun than virtual bowling or fishing on the Wii. :D

3. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

4. FourSuits

FourSuits True Blue Australian

I've defidently gotta get a steering wheel, i have GT4 and am awsome with the joystick but i want something different.