Just lost a friend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I just wanted to take a minute to remind everyone to cherish the time you spend with your friends.

I just found out earlier tonight that one of my friends died of a seizure this afternoon. He was an awesome guy to be around, and never had a bad thing to say about anybody. He was one of those guys that everybody liked because he always had a smile on his face and was always looking out for others before himself.

"Derek you will be missed greatly. I wish I could have had more time to know you. :( I'll see you on the other side though!" :D

I think we all should all strive to live each day so that when our time comes, others can look at our lives and say that we will truly be missed for all of the right reasons.

Be sure to think of your friends and loved ones during this upcoming holiday season. Do something nice for the ones you care about. Never take anybody or anything for granted. Life is fragile. There is no guarantee of tomorrow. Take time to stop and smell the roses. Plant some too while you are at it. :)

2. mynameisCat

mynameisCat Registered Member

Oh gosh. Andrew, I'm so sorry for your loss. Lots of sympathy.

Yeah, it's important to cherish the times you have together with anyone. As I get older and parents and friends and family are dying, I really am realizing that life is so epheremal. It's a good reason to say the things you want to say, do the things you want to do, love the way you want to love, and not waste time on the things you don't really want to spend time on.

After someone's gone, it's too late to say "I love you", "that really hurt me" or "I'm so sorry I did that."

I once got one of those round-robin e-mails that really hit me; it asked, if you only had 45 minutes left to live, who would you call or see, and what would you say to them? At the very end, it asked, "so why are you waiting?"

It's a good question.

Celebrate the times you had with your friend. I'll be thinking of you and his loved ones.

3. kknight0506

kknight0506 Registered Member

sorry andrew for the loss.i too have experienced this. there was one of my school mate with whom i had a great bonding. his loss hit me really hard and it took a long time for me to recover from it. but ultiamtely one has to. so i hope you too pass through this terrible period as life continues no matter what happens

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Andrew. I understand that it was sudden and I wish there was more that I could say.

5. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have a lot of good memories to remember him by.

6. kknight0506

yup i do.we both studied in the same class right from kindergarten till the middle of the college until he was hit by a speeding truck. that really schattered me. but now got to look forward and keep on moving

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Thanks guys. :)

And kknight, sorry to hear about your loss. Was it recent or a while back?

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My sympathy to you and your friends family Andrew.

9. kknight0506

it wasnt long time back. i still remember all the things which we used to do together and it brings a smile on my face while thinking of it. well its all over now, thats all

10. katharina

katharina Registered Member

This is so awful, Andrew, and I'm sorry to hear of the loss of Derek. There's never "the right thing" to say in these cases, so I want to just thank you for your words about not taking things and people for granted... and offer sincere condolences.