Just had an auction go to

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by MenInTights, Nov 22, 2005.

1. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

a fruadulant bidder. It sucks, the auction went for 2K and I had upgraded it quite a bit. Question is, what do I do to get my ebay fees back?

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Spence, that just plain sucks!! Sorry, but there's no other way to say it!! Was it an Xbox??? People are getting bit right and left with these auctions!

I believe the first step is to file a non-paying bidder report with eBay!!

3. MenInTights

thanks AngelsPeak,
    I will try that 1st. Yeah, it was an xbox360. I'm kinda pissed at the guy that let his account be stolen too. I thought everyone understood, never, ever respond to an email from 'ebay' regardless of how offical it looks. In the end, it will be ok though.
    thanks!

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

eBay is getting worse and worse everyday. You can't even be sure someone with 1000+ positive feedback is legit anymore. :(

Another problem with the XBox's is that there are a lot of people who are prank bidding on them just because they are mad they didn't get one, or they just don't like XBox's. There are a lot of 0 feedback bidders, but it's hard to be sure about those either because I can understand someone making a new account to bid on one. It's totally legit, but of course there are jerks out there that like to ruin things for other people.

5. MenInTights

What sux is I had the thing planned out perfect. I started the auction on moday at 2:30pm with a title of test auction do not bid, no info and a starting price of $1000. After I got the box, I filled in all the info and the correct price Monday night at 1am. So, basicly, I was 12 hours ahead of everyone else that was flipping it. I got 18000 hits in 12 hours. I was also one of the 1st people to use xbox360 and xbox 360 in the title. It was perfect except for some jerk that thought it would be fun to screw with ebay.

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Were you able to make a 2nd chance offer?

7. MenInTights

I made the 2nd chance 2 deep immediately and 3 deep last night. The 2 below were frauds too and the 3rd was too late.
    <Quick-I'vew got 50 minutes on my friends 360 and I need to be able to check the activity of the bidders. There is a way to see member activity, but I can't recall where. I want to know if these guys have multiple bids across several auctions.

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

You have to go into advanced search (upper right) and type in the info.

9. MenInTights

found it! Thanks a million AP! Anything suspisous..susp...(well, you know)... and I'm kicking bidders out.

10. MenInTights