• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Just got Xbox 360, What now?

nscore3

I just got an Xbox 360, great thing is I got it for free actually. ;) So I've still got some cash left and now am ready to stock up the games. However, I dont know what games I should get. So, what games do you guys think I should get first? I usually like racing and sports games, but have tried and like anything.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Well if you like sports games Madden '08 is a must. Also try an' check out Halo 3, I don't think it's as good as H2, the multiplayer got nerfed a bit, but still a good game. Call of duty 4 is also nice. There are a lot of games. Those are the ones I'd suggest though.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yes, Xbox 360 is backwards compatible for the most part, so you should be able to play most of your Xbox games on it.

I don't have a 360 yet, but the games that make me want to get one are Gears of War and Call of Duty 4.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Well if you like sports games Madden '08 is a must.
No you don't. Pick up Need For Speed: Most Wanted, it's the best racing game they've got right now. I haven't tried Carbon yet. Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Rising (zombie game), Crackdown, and Oblivion are all great choices.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Must have games for the 360:

1) Madden 08
2) Halo 3 (because everybody plays it)
3) Call of Duty 4
4) Gears of War
5) Bioshock

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Dude, Madden is crap. Why does everyone think that it's some huge, great sports game? The mechanics are screwed and they're concerned with making the top-draw players look as good as they possibly can. I miss the days when a generation football game was about the gameplay, not the players. I hate EA.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I hate EA, too. I haven't played Madden in years, but I loved NCAA Football and they completely ruined that. The gameplay is so broken, yet they think they're improving the game by adding a new gimmicky feature every year, and the new feature always sucks and is way overdone.