Just Got My iGrip Keyboard/Controller!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
As many of you might know from my previous posts, I am not a fan of conventional keyboards at all. I decided to try out a new and very different type of keyboard called the "iGrip" made by a company called Alpha Grip.

It came in the mail today. You've probably never seen a keyboard that looks quite like this before:. It's a mouse, keyboard, and gaming controller all in one.

It seems pretty awesome so far. If you want to see more details about it you can check out their site:

AlphaGrip All-in-One Gaming Keyboard, Ergonomic Keyboard, and Ergonomic Trackball

I will be trying this baby out over the next few weeks and hopefully will have good things to say about it once I get the hang of it. I'll also be trying it out for gaming, something I think it could be particularly useful for.

:D

wooly

I am the woolrus
It took me long enough to learn how to type fairly good on a regular keyboard, i could never imagine teaching myself on something like this. Especially as you can't even see some of the buttons! (i have to look at the keyboard when i type, so even if it feels the same as typing on a keyboard it wouldn't work for me). For someone who isn't a fan of a regular keyboard setup though, it looks pretty well designed. If it does feel anything like typing naturally with the qwerty set up that's pretty damn impressive. They managed to fit everything in without making it seem cluttered. Though it's not the prettiest thing i've ever seen in my life, but you can't have everything :p

Bananas

Endangered Species
wtf.....wheres the space bar! Looks like somebody sneezed at the design department.

Let us know how it goes. Me I dont have the patience to learn to use something like this. I was confused enough using a foregn keyboard where the layouts are the same bar 2 or 3 buttons that thing would just drive me insane.

wtf.....wheres the space bar! Looks like somebody sneezed at the design department.

Let us know how it goes. Me I dont have the patience to learn to use something like this. I was confused enough using a foregn keyboard where the layouts are the same bar 2 or 3 buttons that thing would just drive me insane.
It would drive me insane too haha. but at least I think I can just about see the space bar..

I'd like to try something like that but I'm not sure how long it would last before it gets thrown out the window :hi:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
The space bar is right above the red/pinkish "Shift" button on the right side. It's a smaller button but it falls right under where your thumb rests so it's pretty simple to use.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That looks extremely confusing and hard to use. I doubt I would even think of buying something like this.

Good luck my friend.

Bliss

Sally Twit
That looks incredibly weird and sort of messy to me. I don't know how you would find something like that easy to use.
That said, you are a geek so I'm sure you'll find a way round it.

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
You should have seen the look on my face when I scrolled down to the pictures of THAT thing!! LOL! Good luck, dude! I would have to be raised on that to even begin to use it. I'm just happy being a pretty fast typer on a regular keyboard.

I want video of you using it once you get the hang of it!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Haha, yeah. I get confused just switching between azerty and qwerty boards. I'm sure a totally different design would drive me mad.