• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Just got a Wacom Bamboo Graphics Tablet

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Any other PC artists here? I just bought one of these a week or so ago:

CompUSA.com - Wacom Bamboo Graphics Tablet, Small, Black - MTE450COMP - Accessories » Graphics Tablets Digital Pen

So far I've been really happy with it. The stylus it comes with is pressure sensitive, so the line you see on your screen as you draw gets lighter and darker depending on how hard you press down.

There is a more expensive version that comes with a wireless mouse, but, considering the fact that I already have a mouse that didn't seem worth buying. I just got the basic tablet and stylus and I've been really happy with it so far.

I'm doodling with it right now in PhotoShop. :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I was wondering when you'd finally break down and buy it. From what I know, you've wanted it for a long time now.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have been thinking of getting one for a while now so it was about time. The one I REALLY want is a full touch screen monitor that works as a tablet. That's a few thousand dollars though.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
is it hard to use? how does it compare to drawing on paper?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a bit harder than drawing on paper actually. You have to draw just slightly quicker. Otherwise the line is slightly jagged. It's also easier when drawing bigger things. Anything small is better off being drawn bigger and just shrunk down.

dDave

V.I.P.
When you are erasing do you have to do it with the mouse, or does the thing sense that your stylus pen (or whatever it's called) is upside down? How do you know where your pen is going to mark on the screen, is there some type of marker that lets you know?

FaKeD

Registered Member
Do you want to trade? XD

I'll give you my mouse and you give me the tablet? GIMME GIMME!! XD

I always wanted to try one but I don't know anyone that has one.... The only way i can try is if I buy one but then if I don't like it it was just a waste of money.. =/

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
They aren't worth it really unless you need to have one. I've only used it on one project so far but I made more from the project than the tablet cost me so I came out ahead.