Just give him the chair already..

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by AngelsPeak, Sep 16, 2009.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Although I do appreciate the fact that they spent hours poking and jabbing the guy trying to find a vein, why not just try another method when one doesn't work? Instead he gets a weeks reprieve?
    This seems to be a common problem in Ohio, 3 times in just over 3 years. Makes me wonder.

Execution problems prompt one-week reprieve for Ohio inmate - CNN.com

2. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

If they are having these kinds of problems then they really should look into alternative methods.
    They may only be set up to perform lethal injection by way of IV, bit I would imagine they could implement another way.

I cant see why they have to wait a week to try again, is it because they need to try and find a way of making his veins more prominent to carry out the sentence.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I agree, something along the lines of letting "Bubba" sit on his face until he stops breathing. Nothing wrong with a little creativity.:nod:

Pugz and Jeanie like this.
  4. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

It makes me wonder why they only have/use a single method.
    Why should he get a weeks repreive, to get over the trauma of it not working, the guy is on death row for a reason, his crime was in my mind one of the most horrible that a person can commit, his victim probably went through a lot more pain and humiliation than he will.

If it didnt work when the first 2 hours they should have had a break then continued with a fresh attitude and found a way of finishing the job, who gives a shit if he got jabbed with a needle a thousand times before it worked.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Seriously. Give him a bottle of sleeping pills.

I hate the mentality of "We need to make sure the execution process is painless and comfortable for the sick and twisted murderer."

Our forefathers would be appalled at how warm and fuzzy we've let our legal system become. Back in the days of George Washington they would take a musket and shoot these types of people in the head. Then go back to England in the medieval days and inquisition days. They did some very messed up things to people. Go back a bit further in history to ancient Rome and you'll find people getting some of the worst deaths in the history of the world.

I'm not saying we need to go great lengths to ensure executions are as painful as possible but come on, if it hurts so what? These murders didn't make sure their victims had a pleasant and wonderful experience while they died.

Now it's "Are you comfortable? Can we get you anything to drink?"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

How much does a single nine millimeter bullet cost?

7. Mirage

That wouldn't be fair for the cold blooded murdering rapists though. It might cause them a moment of pain. Now that wouldn't be nice would it. :aww:

But for the record, about 20 to 25 cents.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Okay then.

How much does a .50 cal cost?

9. Mirage

About $5.00, depending on if it's a standard round or a more specialized round such as a heated tip or flair version.

9mm would do the trick though. Would also be faster than trying needles for hours. It's sad that we've come to this point.

Also, I can think of one place that every guy has where veins would be easy to find quickly. They should have been more creative when thinking this through.

10. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Take 'em outside, bullet to the brain, scoop up the eyeballs with a shovel? You may be thinking of Soviet Russia. Hanging was the preferred method of execution in the 18th century, often ad hoc on just the suspicion of an offense, often without any sort of trial at all. I'd just like to point out here as well that the giants of that golden period also kept slaves, had long-handled pans of shit wafting from under their beds and lived entirely without electricity or running water. Maybe crushing someone's skull if he does wrong, in other words, was a better tool for its backward time than for ours. Is brutality really the only answer to brutality? Do we need, in this day and age, to torture our prisoners and effectively desecrate corpses in order to deter it?

Sim likes this.