Just came to the realization...

SithZombree

Registered Member
...that I am old :shake:. I was talking to a 17yr old about VHS and asked "What's that?"

Has anyone ran into

Blueyes

Registered Member
LOL all the time. I actually still have my VHS although it doesn't work but the way I have my set up plugged in with all the gadgets its too much of a pain to unplug and trash at this point. It would involve moving furniture.

Saffy

Registered Member
LOL all the time. I actually still have my VHS although it doesn't work but the way I have my set up plugged in with all the gadgets its too much of a pain to unplug and trash at this point. It would involve moving furniture.
Ditto!!!:lol::lol:I keep looking and thinking whats the point of having it there? I dare not touch the wires :lol:

PhoenixOverdrive

Registered Member
Yeah, I've come across people like that. Technology is only out there to make us feel like fossils. I vaguely remember we had a VHS in the family, and that we never once managed to program it to record the right thing at the right time.

I'm turning 23, so I doubt a 17-year old would remember.

I remember the harsh search engine wars with Google just another contestant. I remember Netscape 3.0, Windows 95's clearly superior PaintBrush program, the novelty of animated 3-D polygons, NetMeeting, .wav and .midi files, those same files embedded everywhere on the internet...

We have to remember our heritage. New technologies pass us by in a blur nowadays...

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
My god I find it hard to believe a 17-year-old doesn't at least know what a VHS is. That is crazy. I have that all the time. One of my friends here is only 3 years younger than me, but she makes me feel ancient all the time, but mostly when I ask her if she remembers a song or a show I used to watch >.>

I also have a friend who is nearly twice my age, and we go to thrift stores and what not every now and then and she will always grab records and Hold them up and say "This is a Record.. It is called a 45" and such things to make fun of me since I didn't grow up with them.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love turntables, I have so many great vinyl records that I listen too. Like you already know I'm a fan of older music and I appreciate it even more when it's on vinyl.

It's kind of understandable that your daughter would ask you that question though, since she's so young lol.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
yeah, and we don't have one. I haven't owned any vinyl in about 10 years. my ex took the turntable and all the vinyl, plus the cassette deck and all the tapes, and I got the rest of the stereo. I won.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would think that someone like you, who is so into Blues would have a turntable and old vinyl records. They sound so much better than the stuff people download online or listen on Youtube.

Just my personal opinion though.