• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 2 Just bought Gran Turismo 4

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know, I know.. this is soo a few years ago, but, I was happy with Gran Turismo 3 for the longest time that I really didn't even pay attention to the newest one when it came out.

I saw it at Best Buy yesterday for $20 and decided to grab a copy. So far I like it a lot, just as I expected. The physics engine has been redone, so at first it felt a little different than GT3. After a few races it started to feel familiar again.

There are a few new improvements including camera shaking when you crash, as well as a more realistic camera jerk when you slam on the brakes.

I haven't had a chance to play it much, but, if any of you are also behind the times and are GT fans, I suggest getting it.

At least it will hold me over until GT5 and when I get a PS3.

Gwiz

Registered Member
Was it a greatest hit title? I know after awhile when a game reaches a certain point and Sony still want to cash in before no one buys it, they make it a greatest hit. GT4 was great but it got really tired of it for awhile. The test are difficut and challenging. I still have it but its colecting dust. I can't wait till GT5.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah it's a greatest hit edition. It's pretty fun so far. I would rather play a game that is incredibly (if not impossibly) challenging than a game that is too easy. That way it's more fun to have beaten it knowing that it was very difficult. :D

JohnStar

Yep it is totally much better than GT3, I've got an HD TV so the quality of the picture is brilliant!

mist3r_j3sus

Registered Member
I only played the first GT. Is there a Mercury Cougar in GT4? what years if so?