Wii Just a thought about Revolution.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by LaRazaUnida, Dec 14, 2005.

1. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

I was riding in the car thinking about the Revolution, its graphics, the new way to play games, PS3, 360, and the future of gaming.

Then it hit me, there is a major decline in gaming and Nintendo wants to get new consumers to the market, tap into a new source. What better way to do it than a cheap priced, new inventive, solid system.

Then I thought about Iawatas comments on the future of gaming, totally immersed into the game. Then that led me to this thought.

What if Nintendo is using the Revolution to gain more ground, sell a ton of systems because the cube was not hot. They would be happy sitting as the 2nd owned system. Everyone has a Rev and a ps3 or 360. If they do this, then they work their way back into the competition.

Then, the gen following is when they go all out. That is when they have the user base, they have the new type of market, that is when they make the move to really go all out. They would not need to worry about people not buying the system. What if this is the preliminary revolution and is the start of something much bigger?

Oh yea, I also had a dream that Reggie, Iawata, and Shiggy all came and visited my house...that was wierd.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

You sound like a Nintendo spokesman or something. They want you to think gaming is on the decline, when in fact it is only Nintendo that is on the decline. With PS2 and Xbox, gaming has never been more popular than it is now, and it only seems to be gaining popularity every year. Nintendo is on the outside looking in (in the console business; their handhelds are what's keeping them afloat) and they want to try to convince gamers that the industry is on the decline and in need of a "revolutionary" change when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Even though I make it seem like I hate Nintendo, I really don't. I grew up playing Mario and Zelda games, so I'll never be able to turn my back on them. I'm always rooting for Nintendo to get back on top. But I see things objectively and I just don't think they can climb out of the hole they've dug for themselves (anytime soon, at least). It'll take a lot more than a "revolutionary" new control system and the "ultimate backwards compatibility." Like you said though, maybe this is just the start of something much bigger. Let's hope so.

3. LaRazaUnida

Thank you, I am Nintendo's Unofficail spokesman after all ;)

I like the approach Nintendo is going for with the non-gamers. It has worked wonderfuly with the DS and I strongly believe it will continue with the Revolution. Also, I think that some of next generations gaming will get too complicated for some. The reason we all remember the marios, and metroids, was that the game play was simple enough a kid could pick it up and play but it still took time and skill to beat games such as Ninja Gaiden NES.

I would hate to see Nintendo out of the competition, if that happened then there would no longer be a Nintendo. I do not think that they will sell out, or atleast any time soon. I feel that if someone ups the annie even more it will be Nintendo.

4. KannonMAK

KannonMAK Registered Member

that's what everyone says, but they also forget that Nintendo is the reason a good majority of us are in gaming, without nintendo there would be no real market for it. sure there would be games, but nothing like we know now, without nintendo there wouldnt be a market of anything good. its compitition like nintendo that we need in order for anything new and innovative to be made. dont turn a blind eye to the facts, mircosoft is killing the market, the market we knew, the fun of games, not the amount of polygons that are thrown in our face. without nintendo and for a while sega, game quality will decline into a staring a beautiful flower waiting for it to do nothing, cause that's what MS and Sony are aiming to do.

dont give me that sh!t about you used to like nintendo cause of zelda and mario, cause everything ever since is just trying to recreate the feeling we got when we first played these games. you're not a gamer, you're just a eye candy whore.

5. Major

Wow. What makes me an "eye candy whore?" How is Microsoft killing the market? You're making a lot of bold statements and aren't really backing them up. Typical fanboyism. :rolleyes:

6. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I would have to agree 1000%

To this date, Nintendo is the only one who makes the games I want to play... most people would like to see them go 3rd party, which I dont think they will ever do, as they are the only one constantly pullin in a profit...

Nintendo is on the right track... they just need more games who want something new, not the same rehashed bullcrap over and over again!

and before anyone tries to jump me for the Mario Party series... thats done by a 3rd party... not Nintendo themselves... Shoot Hudson... not Nintendo

7. LaRazaUnida

But i like the mario party series! Ive heard people as of late use fanboy as a bad term, I just conisder it being a loyalist. There are very few things I am loyal to in these days(as a consumer), those are Nintendo, Mazda-RX7, Kenneth Cole *just as of late*, and that is it. So WHAT about it?

8. Major

There's a difference between being a fanboy and being loyal. Fanboys can't see things objectively. It's like those idiots at sports games who hold up their index finger and cheer "We're number one!" when their team is losing by 30 points. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. We all know people who think their team is the best despite evidence proving otherwise. Then they'll just bitch about the refs costing them every game. They can never say "the other team is just better."

I'm a loyal Nintendo fan. I own every Nintendo console, and pretty much every handheld except the DS. I'm always cheering for Nintendo to get back to #1. The difference between me and a fanboy is that I can admit Nintendo is not the best right now.

9. LaRazaUnida

Well, I look at it different. Fanboy = loyal in my opinion. Ignorance = not able to see the truth. I am loyal and optimistic of Nintendo's future. I do admit when they have problems, and I get frustrated with them at many times. I mean really, they Fd things up with the 64 and have been losing ground ever since. I think alot of the problems were due to old style of thinking (Tamagatchi YAmoto, whatever his name was) and Nintendo is now moving with the times while keeping its style of innovating gameplay at the same time. I am pleased with the DS, the launch could have been alot better, some of the things could have been thought out more, but over all things are picking up.

10. KannonMAK

KannonMAK Registered Member

I support quality game developers, not Sony and MS who have never once made a quality game on thier own. Bungie is a wonderful company, even before Rare traded sides and up until their latest games still defended their decisions to go to MS, to make money. But I enjoy good games, Halo is a wonderfully done game, in fact, despite what most have to say about it, i love it. So many good companies make great games for Playstation and not so much for MS, but the key difference between Sony/MS and Nintendo/Sega is that Nintendo makes its own games, they build systems with them in mind, to make games they want to make.

Mircosoft and Sony has never gotten an in house company to make them a great game, they just buy companies and use them to make games for the Xbox that were already in development. You cant imagine how good Halo was gonna be before MS swallowed it up from the Mac and PC. Relic was bought by mircosoft and told to make what they wanted. Give anyone enough money and they'll make a game. Nintendo has to work for its own money, why do you think their games sell so well, cause if they start making crappy games, then they wont have any food on the table. I love game developers, not system makers, Nintendo is both, and they do both very well, the other system makers cant say that. I understand Nintendo makes big mistakes, but that was because they were up so high for so long, MS and Sony are now doing the same thing now, so accept that each can have its share of ups and downs.

Other Developers I like; (not that it has anything to do with anything)
    Relic
    Dynamic
    Sierra
    Ensemble Studios
    Capcom
    Namco
    Bungie
    Lionhead Studios
    Maxis