• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jurassic World: Dominion Going Post Apocalyptic

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jurassic World: Dominion seems to be going post apocalyptic to a world fairly overrun by dinosaurs.

It’s an interesting premise but there’s definitely no going back from there in future movies.

Here’s a brief write up I did a while back on a short that was released teasing the upcoming installment.

And for those who just want to watch the short:

Do you think this direction will work with the franchise?

I’m for it. I haven’t love the last two movies (or any really since the first and sort of the second), so I say pull all holds for this last one. And hey, maybe it will open the doors to another trilogy more in the future where dinosaurs have really taken back the earth to a large degree. At this point I’m less concerned with feasibility and more concerned with “I just want to see dinosaurs wreaking havoc on the big screen”. Haha. 😂

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm down for it. The franchise needs to do something new. And I agree, there's no going back after this. Haha. I found the last two to be fairly decent popcorn films. Better than 3, but obviously nowhere as good as the original. I'll definitely see it in theaters, which I think is a must for this series.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Konshentz, the first one is an incredible book too, and actually a ton different than the movie. If they ever do a complete reboot (which I’d also be down for in about 10-20 years), they have plenty of source material to tell a different story than the movie we’ve already seen.

The second book was actually great too and about 90% different than the movie. The movie came out before the book was even finished from what I remember, so they kind of missed an opportunity there. I love Jeff Goldblum though so that movie was still very watchable for me.

At this point though, I’m ready for dinosaurs to be everywhere. I want to see something new.

@Millz, where are you at? I know you’re a huge JP fan.

Konshentz

Konshentz
@Konshentz, the first one is an incredible book too, and actually a ton different than the movie. If they ever do a complete reboot (which I’d also be down for in about 10-20 years), they have plenty of source material to tell a different story than the movie we’ve already seen.
Reading those books is definitely on my to-do list. And with the global pandemic cancelling a lot of my previous distractions, I am running out of excuses. Haha.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Konshentz. Do it. Sooo good. Will make you kind of mad though because as much as I love the movie, the book story is so much deeper.

Now that I think abut it, the first two books would make an epic TV show if they wanted to reboot it in that format. Just 2-3 seasons I’d they stretched it, but there’s a lot of good material in there.