Movies Jurassic Park 4: The Extinction

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
The movie hasn't been officially confirmed as Wikipedia points out. Also, that first site is hilariously outdated and only a fan creation. Personally, I thought 3 sucked but the first two were awesome so I don't know if my hopes are that high for this one.

Danno

Registered Member
The 3rd one was awful. I don't believe Spielberg directed the movie? Which I felt was a major factor.

The first two were great. And while 3 wasn't on the same level, I still enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind a fourth one, but I read it's supposed to be the first of a new trilogy. Do we really need 3 more? I guess it all depends on how good 4 is.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
The 3rd one was awful. I don't believe Spielberg directed the movie? Which I felt was a major factor.
Jurassic Park 3 was directed by Joe Johnston which explains why the 3rd one sucked. It looks like Speilberg will be directing the 4th one and hopefully revitalize the franchise.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
According to that article "it breaks away from the first three--it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy."

Could be good. Technically they have an entire book called "The Lost World" that really has never been made into a movie. (The movie was based 1-2% on the book at best). So they could follow that plot.

I'm not sure how this movie can be good aside from a Lost World BOOK movie. Michael Crichton has been dead for over a year now so they aren't getting any new material. I saw what type of material they came up with on their own for JP3 and it was horrendous. It was by far the worst movie I have ever seen in a movie theater.

It was by far the worst movie I have ever seen in a movie theater.
You haven't seen anything worse than that in the 9 or years since? Damn. That's pretty good. I've seen a LOT of stuff worse than that. I saw Orphan in theaters. Haha.

I'm actually interested in how the CGI looks in this, I just hope they don't go crazy and overdo it.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I actually thought the 3rd Jurassic Park movie was better then the 2nd one...I kinda liked the 3rd one because it was so different. The first is obviously the best though.

I would love it if they did this...I'd be there on opening night.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Funny part is, the 1st one is sooooo different than the book it's amazing. I actually wouldn't mind a reboot to the series that stuck closer to the book to be honest.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Funny part is, the 1st one is sooooo different than the book it's amazing. I actually wouldn't mind a reboot to the series that stuck closer to the book to be honest.
I wouldn't be opposed to this, however the first was an easy 75% of the book at least. The second one essentially followed "King Kong" and used the book for the title and maybe a page or two of plot. That was it.

If they did a reboot (which they won't btw), I'd love for them to stick with the same music. It's classic for the JP series. The problem with a reboot in my mind is that the first really was such a masterpiece (book deviations and all) that I don't think it would feel right watching a reboot so soon. Granted it's over 15 years old by now, but still.. (On that note, wow time flies!)