JunkYard Dog

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by CaptainObvious, Dec 16, 2009.

1. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I see threads like this made about wrestlers sometimes and I wanted to go a little old school and ask people's opinion about the JunkYard Dog, one of my favorite wrestlers of all time.

He had a great gimmick, he would come into the ring with a dog collar and his music was Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust". He was a great face and would bring kids into the ring after wins to dance with him.

He and Mr. Wrestling #2 were a great tag team and they had some great matches with Ted Dibiase and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Unfortunately he passed away in 1998 when he was involved in a single car crash.

Anyone else remember JYD and what were your thoughts of him?

2. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I remember him, I always liked him, I used to really enjoy watching him get on all fours and charge at someone laying down and headbutting them three or four times, it just seemed like such a strange move.

I did not know that he had passed away.

3. CaptainObvious

Yeah, I remember that, he used to headbutt people and bark like a dog. He had a really good gimmick.

4. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

What made me laugh most of the time was how whenever he'd headbutt them on the ground while on all fours, the wrestlers on the receiving end would sell that move in such a funny way lol.

CaptainObvious likes this.
  5. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

JYD...gotta love it.

I think he was one of the more underrated performers in the WWE...

Most memorable match of his for me was his match with harley race at wrestlemania 3...

CaptainObvious likes this.
  6. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I love the old school wrestlers. I remember that he had a long chain wrapped around his neck. I did not know that he died in a car accident.

7. Shooting_Palanx

^

Same here. I knew he died, but not from an accident.

He had a pretty cool gimmick as well, and the theme song didn't hurt him either hehe.

8. CaptainObvious

That WAS hilarious, wasn't it?:lol:

9. Shooting_Palanx

Yeah, theres this show called Vintage Collection...that shows old matches, and they tend to show alot of the JD.