• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Junk E-mail

Bliss

Sally Twit
Do you ever read your junk e-mail?

Someone I work with is signed up to so much rubbish. When he is out of the office his e-mails are forwarded to me and this week he has received all sorts. I wonder if he ever actually reads it or if he deletes it as soon as it comes in.

I only receive a few junk e-mails and I delete it as soon as it comes in. I know some people like to get vouchers and things but I don't bother with all of that.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I get some junk mail from things I sign up to. Gmail is great for just trashing that stuff right away, however sometimes it doesn't. So I just go into gmail and set up filters manually so anything from those addresses goes to the spam folder right away. I never even read the junk mail either lol. I could care less how big penis could be.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I hate it, I usually sign up with an email and later unsubscribe when I get annoyed. but yeah, I delete them right away unless the title catches my eye for whatever reason.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I never read it, but I get tons of it. Shit annoys me to no end. I've even changed email addresses because of it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I never read it, I put it in my Junk for a reason. Facebook and Twitter are directly sent to my Junk because they fill up my Inbox and it's a pain deleting them.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It depends how much of it I'm getting...

When I used hotmail I used to get soooo much that I had to move to yahoo. Yahoo I didn't get much of any and my work email doesn't either. So there's not usually much for me to read.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
No I don't but from time to time if I happen to be on my computer (instead of fone) and I look at folders, I check the titles in case there are "misplaced" emails or interesting stuff haha. But 98% of the time I don't open them.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't really get any junk email. Gmail is awesome in that regard. When I get unwanted emails from a business, I just unsubscribe. I keep getting emails from the Container Store and I've never even shopped with them before and have no idea how they got my email to begin with. I need to unsubscribe to those as well, because I have been getting them twice a day, and it annoys me.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I rarely do. I do get a chuckle out of the phishing scam ones though, such as the whole "Your account is being investigated" ones. I have this one email that keeps showing up convincing me that my World of Warcraft account is being investigated for fraud.

I don't play WoW.

Merc: 1
Spammers: 0

Impact

V.I.P.
I rarely get actual spam like for penis enlargements and such but I do get the stuff they send you when you sign up to a website. It annoys me because they come through as notifs on my phone. Eventually I get annoyed and put them on my block list. I used to have an entire email account dedicated to signing up to websites so I wouldn't get all that shit but I forgot the password and couldn't get into the activation codes. Guess I need to set another one up at some point.