• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Judge shows

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was up late tonight (am up late) and the show I was watching has long since been over. Anyway, a few infomercials were on, and now this judge show came on. (the tv is turned down and running in the background behind me). Anyway, I don't know what judge, but they all seem the same to me.

These people sue over the worse things ever. These people are sueing over $100 or so and some odd cash... I'm sure after court fees they aren't making much if at all...

It's funny because these people crack up while they state their case. This guy's roommate sued him over $50.. WHY!

Wow, to make it worse they interview these people afterwords as if they are OJ walking out of a big trial..

So stupid.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I am very sceptical of judge shows, I do not believe that they could possibly be serious. I mean sure there must be some real aspect to them, but it must be just as genuine as the sketches are actually improvised On Who’s Line is it Anyway?

As for petty claims, I believe that people feel the urge to be seen on television, which would be the ultimate factor for these people to be on the show. Also some people are genuinely petty; they yearn for trouble and attention, like.

Oh yeah, there is NO WAY in heck I could keep a straight face if talking on a show like that : )

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, most of them just want to be on television. That, and people will sue over anything these days. It's pretty pathetic. I've been thinking about this: How long until people start suing their parents for giving them bad genes? People need to take responsibility for their own actions and quit trying to blame other people for their stupidity.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Actually, you see, what happens is this: it's tecnically fake. The person being sued doesn't pay the money (most of the time), the tv station does. Those people are only acting mad about getting sued so they themselves will get paid for helping them make a show. The people suing actually DO get the money they sued for, even though the person they're suing doesn't pay. They don't care, they just want cash. That's why most stuff on tv is worth small change, the station doesn't want to pay too much to the person who sues.

Now, in real courts, it's way different.

yooperchick

Registered Member
What cracks me up about judge shows is the "reporters" getting the "scoop" as the plaintiffs and defendants leave the courtroom. Or, the dramatic pieces they do before and after commercials.

Laying on the drama....

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Judge shows are crap. So are cops shows. Some stuff is just too invasive of privacy (regardless if the fucked up individuals who do it agree to do it) and should not be available for public viewing. The way I see it, judge shows are just the infancy stage of public executions.... not that that's my only reason for objecting to it because it's not, it's just that it HAPPENS to be along the same lines in my eyes.

But in any event, I cannot stand to watch judge shows the few times I've tried. I get the feeling that these shows are "real" in the same sense that the WWE is real, and that pisses me the F* off! Also, these judges are obviously for entertainment and have no sense of proportion, causation, implication, and all the other things that it takes to actually BE a good judge. Everytime I've tried to watch them, more often than not, I find myself getting pissed off at the rulings. Even when the rulings are fair, they're usually too damned harsh on whoever looses, and in my opinion that is a disgrace to this country. It's not supposed to be about pitting one person against another or about treating people as though they're all equally selfish scumbags regardless. It's supposed to be about doing what's right, what's the bare minimum necessary to create the most free, meaningful, worthwhile world as possible regardless of what arbitrary subjective beliefs and power relations people have. It's supposed to be about the ACTIONS and about enforcing the best course of action that was required to make the ruling acceptable. I'm sick and tired of the law backing down from integrity based on technicalities or inadequacies, or any other such legal mumbo jumbo that the law bascially uses to screw good people and say "oh, but we can't do anything. we're not responsible". It's crap. It's utter crap. I'm sick of the American legal system and all the crap that it represents. It's a disgrace to democracy and a disgrace to civilization as we know it.

God dammit, now I have a blastin' headache! :mad:

Gamechamp

Registered Member
00vega said:
Even when the rulings are fair, they're usually too damned harsh on whoever looses
Judge Judy: I sentence Bob to pay $50,000 for stepping on Joe's lawn. (Gives Joe $50,000 behind her back)

Bob: I am outraged. I can not believe you would think I am wrong. It is bad. Rar. I'm mad. Rar. I hate you all. I hate paying all this money. I hate not getting money. Rar. (Recieves $500,000 behind his back)

Don't feel too bad, the losers get paid... ofcourse, then the person who's wrong gets paid... dang, it still sucks. You're right.

Wrecked

Registered Member
some judge shows can be fun to watch, like judge judy. she's so pissy it's fun to see her yell at stupid people [ which she does regularly ]. but i stopped watching those.

and speaking of shows i stopped watching, i saw Jerry Springer on the other day and wow, that show changed a lot. they have some stripper pole up [ don't know if that's there everyday ] and people get naked more frequent. the crowd has a bunch of new chants. but the "action" is still there in full force, which is good.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Gamechamp said:
Bob: I am outraged. I can not believe you would think I am wrong. It is bad. Rar. I'm mad. Rar. I hate you all. I hate paying all this money. I hate not getting money. Rar. (Recieves $500,000 behind his back)
:lol: haha.... "Rar"

It's the "PEOPLE'S court"... not "LION'S court" :lol:

Wrecked said:
and speaking of shows i stopped watching, i saw Jerry Springer on the other day and wow, that show changed a lot. they have some stripper pole up [ don't know if that's there everyday ] and people get naked more frequent.
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that pole. I bet the results would be interesting if you took a cotton swap to it and sent the sample into the lab for testing. :)

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Scientist 1: Hmm, now let's see these results... ACK!

Scientist 2: What?

Scientist 1: Don't breath! No, it's too late... we're going to die...

Scientist 2: Oh, god, why did Jerry Springer have to get that pole installed? WHY?!?!?!?!?!