• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Judge sentenced to 28 yrs for selling teens to prisons

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Disgraced Pennsylvania judge Mark Ciavarella Jr has been sentenced to 28 years in prison for conspiring with private prisons to sentence juvenile offenders to maximum sentences for bribes and kickbacks which totaled millions of dollars. He was also ordered to pay $1.2 million in restitution.

Pennsylvania judge sentenced to 28 years in prison for selling teens to prisons - National Crime | Examiner.com
This is one of the reasons I think private prisons should be done away with. Too much room for stuff like this to happen, its disgusting. I hope this judge never gets out. You have to wonder how many more of them are out there that do the same thing.

Thoughts?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I remember reading about this last year, unbelievably terrifying. Imagine all those lives forever tainted because some greedy shitball wanted to pad his bottom line. I don't think many Americans realize how privatized the prison system is and I agree Hilander, I want to see prison privatization done away with.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree Merc, how many kids lost years of their life over this. You have to wonder how many other judges are doing this.

Did you know we have to pay them even if the cells are empty? They have to be guaranteed something like being paid for 90% occupancy.

Private prisons need to be done away with, they are a big mistake.