• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Juan Cena

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So Juan Cena made his debut last night at a house show. Here is a picture of him, hard to see since it's blurry.

Now what are your thoughts? Do you believe it is John Cena, or it's someone that has the same physique that he does? I know it's hard to give a fair judgement, but I'm just wondering your general thoughts.

I really hope that it's not the real John Cena.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It looks EXACTLY like him...

They are ripping off the Mr. America/Hulk Hogan storyline from a few years back haha. I'm not sure what I think about this yet.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
So ridiculous. Honestly the worst idea they have had in a while. It is basically like a TNA style poor storyline. I honestly thought he was taking a break.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
They are ripping off the Mr. America/Hulk Hogan storyline from a few years back haha. I'm not sure what I think about this yet.
So ridiculous. Honestly the worst idea they have had in a while. It is basically like a TNA style poor storyline. I honestly thought he was taking a break.
I like how this most closely represents a WWE angle from several years ago, and yet it's still compared to TNA. :rolleyes:

I definitely think that it was him, but I don't think this is a story we'll see on television. Millz was talking to me a couple of minutes ago and threw out the thought that it could have been a way for him to show up at a house show for a match without ruining the continuity of the current storyline. That makes the most sense to me.

If it does show up on TV, I won't freak out about it...it could be entertaining.

11/29 RAW spoilers:

Still, I think the way things are going now with Cena's "fired" angle are fine and the better choice, and it creates more of an Austin feel to the situation. Especially with the way he was assaulting people backstage tonight. It resonates more with older fans.

If the mask comes out, I'm guessing it happens on one night only.

Either way, Cena's versions of Mr. America and Fired Guy That Won't Go Away are both recycled plots in their own way. I would rather have seen something new out of all of this.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It probably will only go on at house show, but still... I don't like it.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
It's John Cena, I can't imagine a luchador wearing shorts in the ring. I agree with Kspice that this is probably going to be at limited house shows in which he was booked for. If they put this crap on TV, I will turn my TV off.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's so stupid, why would they even do this he's fired angle if they knew he had commitments at house shows? Just doesn't make sence to me. Hopefully this doesn't last long, since it's a crappy angle to say the least.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Rajah.com

New promotional material for upcoming WWE live events no longer advertise Juan Cena as appearing. Edge is being advertised in place of Juan for said shows.
All I have to say is GOOD!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
All I have to say is GOOD!
That needed to be done. This whole idea just reeks of WWE doing something before thinking of the aftermath. WTH are they going to do with the Cole/King angle after Raw last week?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Rajah.com
John Cena's Mexican cousin Juan returned to action this weekend at the RAW live event in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The masked superstar defeated World Heavyweight champion Kane by disqualification after Nexus came down and attacked him. After Nexus took Cena's mask off, he fought back and sent them running away to end the show
And the joke continues....

Last edited: