• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Josh McDaniels to Rams rumors

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Rams are interviewing Josh McDaniels today and plan on interviewing Brad Childress for our offensive coordinator job next week (unless we hire McDaniels before then).

One thing is for sure with Josh and that's that he's been awesome with quarterbacks. He made Kyle Orton look like Joe Montana. He was Tom Brady's coach. I think he'll do wonders for Sam Bradford is we bring him in here.

If McDaniels is one thing that's a brilliant offensive mind. He wouldn't have player control here so I think it's an absolutely perfect fit.

Make it happen Rams.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Rams are interviewing Josh McDaniels today and plan on interviewing Brad Childress for our offensive coordinator job next week (unless we hire McDaniels before then).

One thing is for sure with Josh and that's that he's been awesome with quarterbacks. He made Kyle Orton look like Joe Montana. He was Tom Brady's coach. I think he'll do wonders for Sam Bradford is we bring him in here.

If McDaniels is one thing that's a brilliant offensive mind. He wouldn't have player control here so I think it's an absolutely perfect fit.

Make it happen Rams.
Remind me of Brad Childress again (not saying I can't look it up, but I figured it should be posted in the discussion anyway lol). Is he a good OC choice? He was a head coach, right?

And if McDaniels did all of that, combine it with Bradford's natural talent and intelligence and you're set, man.
------
NOTE: (except, why would The Rams want to hire a cheater? lol)

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
Childress was the OC for the Eagles and was HC of the Vikings. He's a good OC, not so good HC.

Josh is still in the mix with the Vikings too, which I was hoping for that.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I think both Childress and McDaniels are better offensive coordinators then they would be as head coaches...especially Childress.

I really think Josh McDaniels is a perfect fit here before he finds another head coaching job.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Either one would be a good addition to the the team. Both of them proved in the past that they're good OC, but cannot handle being a coach. I think the Rams should go for Childress instead, but like I mentioned earlier both of them would be great for the offense.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I think they'd both be good fits but Millz brought up something that if I were a Rams fan, I'd probably want McDaniels. The guy is good with QB's, and having a young franchise QB like Bradford, I would really want McDaniels.

BigBob

Registered Member
We'll find out who it won't be tomorrow or Tuesday, Frazier said the team will announce one of those two days who he chose as his OC.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Josh McDaniels signed with the Rams and I could not be more excited to see what he and Bradford can do together.

There's now talk we might add Josh's brother Ben to be the QB coach since our current one retired.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
This is a good move for the Rams and especially for Bradford. I think this will really help his development, kind of like Norv Turner and Troy Aikman's development.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
On one hand I'm excited to see him work with Bradford, I know that St. Louis fans will give McDaniels a chance to succeed.

On the other, I can't forget about Denver's "spygate" and that he may be a big fat cheater.