Josh Howard

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 23, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This guy is getting better every year, and I remember going to a old basketball forum, and I said in a topic Josh Howard is going to be an amazing player and he should be top 15 pick in the 2003 draft, and everyone was laughing at me and saying he's going to be a late first round and they where right on that assumption he was late round he was chosen 29th overall but does he deserve to be there no he doesn't. Yes that year was a very good draft, and there was a lot of good players, but with the 15th pick in the 2003 draft the Orlando Magic selected Reese Gaines with their pick. Here's a few other names that where chosen before Howard.

-Troy Bell
    -Zarko Carparkaba
    -Zoran Planicic
    -Carlos Delfino
    -Ndudi Ebi

That's to name a few, now I know some of you say it's the luck of the draw, and it could of went both way well it didn't he worked hard and developed into a solid player.

Now don't get me wrong this topic is not to gloat or anything it's just to say that Josh Howard is an amazing player.

Also one more thing I said the same thing about Tayshaun Prince coming out of Kentucky he should be a high pick, and he was chosen 23rd and look at him now.

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Howard's oneof those diamond in the rough people. He's got great athletic ability and spirit. needs to work on freethrows though.....

3. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

Howard is young and has great potential. I just hope injuries don't ruin his career and if he keeps playing the way he is now he could be the 2nd go to guy on the Mavericks in years to come and he could become an all star soon.

4. Midnight

Midnight Guest

Josh Howard just has a great work ethic above all. He would never be as good as he is now without it. There was a reason why he was selected at #29.

As for freethrows, it's all about concentration. He'll get better throughout his career. At least he isnt Bruce Bowen from the line.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

But he did win player of the year for is conference when he played for Wake Forest I believe, right there tells you that he had loads of potential if he worked hard on improving is game which he did. Maybe he had a bad rep of not being a hard worker, but he's proving now that he was a steal.