Jose Bautista hits 50th

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jose Bautista hit his 50th home run of the season this afternoon. I know a lot of people will speculate that he's taking something since he's having a Brady Anderson type of season. I believe he's clean, he's just getting his first oppurtunity to showcase his stuff, he's hitting in the third spot, meaning he's getting more at-bats.

Congrats Jose, if your average was a little higher, and the Jays had more wins you'd win the MVP award this year.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
He's having a great season and I think he's clean and I certainly hope that's true. I agree BR, if the Jays had a better record he's be in the MVP running.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Well, he finished with 54 (thanks BR). From a Jays fan, it certainly was a spectacular site to see. He will doubtfully do this again, but it isn't farfetched to believe he has turned a corner and will be a perennial threat to hit 40 the rest of his career.

Big shout out to Cito Gaston too. While I disagree with many of his on-field decisions, his batting expertise should be duly noted for both Bautista's power surge and the fact that Jays had 8 (eight!) 20-home run hitters this year, nine if you count the departed Alex Gonzalez.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You meant he hit 54 this season, not 56 ;)

Great year for Bautista, didn't expect him to put up those type of numbers that's for sure. I just wish his Batting Average was a little higher. He'll be in contention for the MVP award this season, but he won't win it.

I agree with you about Cito, he's really helped Jose find a stroke this season and it showed by the numbers he had this season.