• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jose Bautista hits 50th

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jose Bautista hit his 50th home run of the season this afternoon. I know a lot of people will speculate that he's taking something since he's having a Brady Anderson type of season. I believe he's clean, he's just getting his first oppurtunity to showcase his stuff, he's hitting in the third spot, meaning he's getting more at-bats.

Congrats Jose, if your average was a little higher, and the Jays had more wins you'd win the MVP award this year.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
He's having a great season and I think he's clean and I certainly hope that's true. I agree BR, if the Jays had a better record he's be in the MVP running.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Well, he finished with 54 (thanks BR). From a Jays fan, it certainly was a spectacular site to see. He will doubtfully do this again, but it isn't farfetched to believe he has turned a corner and will be a perennial threat to hit 40 the rest of his career.

Big shout out to Cito Gaston too. While I disagree with many of his on-field decisions, his batting expertise should be duly noted for both Bautista's power surge and the fact that Jays had 8 (eight!) 20-home run hitters this year, nine if you count the departed Alex Gonzalez.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You meant he hit 54 this season, not 56 ;)

Great year for Bautista, didn't expect him to put up those type of numbers that's for sure. I just wish his Batting Average was a little higher. He'll be in contention for the MVP award this season, but he won't win it.

I agree with you about Cito, he's really helped Jose find a stroke this season and it showed by the numbers he had this season.