• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Jose Abreu

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's pretty clear that he'll win AL Rookie of the Year, and he'll probably finish in the top three in MVP voting. But that's not why I'm starting this thread.

Abreu his putting some outstanding numbers this season. They're video game like.

He has 31 home runs, 86 RBI.

But look at his slash line, it's unbelievable: .304/.361/.618 he also has a OPS of .980.

He came in with high praise and he hasn't disappointed that's for sure.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jose Abreu is the first rookie since Pujols to log 30 home runs and 30 doubles in one season. He's being paid $7 million each of the next two years.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Kid has talent no doubt. Wish the Jays had him, but being a 27 year old rookie, how long do Sox fans think he can honestly keep up this kind of production? 10 more years? I've heard his work ethic is a thing of beauty... hope nothing but the best for this guy! So much fun to watch!!