Jordan, Robinson, Stockton among 5 elected to Hall

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now this is a special class, you have the Greatest player of all time, you have one of the best coaches of all time, you have the second greatest point guard of all time and you have a top ten center of all time. Dont know much about Stringer but she had an incredible coaching record.

Congratulations to the 2009 induction class. I cant wait to hear Jordan's speech.

FOX Sports on MSN - NBA - Jordan, Robinson, Stockton among 5 elected to Hall

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I like Stockton. I was a Utah Jazz fan before and I enjoyed watching him play with Malone. I even went to one of their games against Sacramento in 1999.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Stockton is a good player. I am not denying anything he's done on the court, but take Malone away and he would never put up the same numbers as he did. But like I said he's still a tremoundous player and he deserves to be in the Hall.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Stockton is a good player. I am not denying anything he's done on the court, but take Malone away and he would never put up the same numbers as he did.
Take Stockton away and Malone never would have put up the same numbers either. The point guard plays a pretty big part in a pick and roll, which was the bread and butter of the Utah offense. Stockton is easily one of the top point guards in NBA history and deserves to be in the Hall.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Stockton is a good player. I am not denying anything he's done on the court, but take Malone away and he would never put up the same numbers as he did. But like I said he's still a tremoundous player and he deserves to be in the Hall.
Take Stockton away and Malone never would have put up the same numbers either. The point guard plays a pretty big part in a pick and roll, which was the bread and butter of the Utah offense. Stockton is easily one of the top point guards in NBA history and deserves to be in the Hall.
While Malone is probably to be credited for Stockton's record in assist, John also has NBA record steals which doesn't rely on a partner, haha. Between the two, I still think Stockton was more impressive than Malone.

Anyway, at first I wondered why Jordan is in the Hall only this year. Then I realised there must be a specific period after one's official retirement before someone becomes eligible.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Like I said I am not taking away anything from Stockton, and I agree Malone wouldn't have the same career if he didn't play with a player like Stockton.

John was a great defender, which one of the reasons why he had so many steals, it's a pretty impressive thing to be the all time leader is steals and assists.

I believe you have to wait five years before being eligible to enter the Hall of Fame.