• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jordan executes two prisoners

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jordan executed two jihadist prisoners at dawn on Wednesday after vowing a harsh response to the Islamic State group’s murder of a Jordanian pilot, government spokesman Mohammad al-Momani said.

Jordan executes two prisoners in response to Islamic State burning pilot alive
I guess beheading someone wasn't barbaric enough for them so they burned this poor pilot alive. Maybe this pilot having such a horrible death will be the turning point in this fight. Hopefully other countries in the middle east will wake up and take a stand against ISIS. I hope Jordon keeps their promise and comes down on ISIS hard and heavy. That is what is needed from the Islamic world to beat them. The Kurds and US air strikes can't do this alone. Turkey needs to get more involved in this also.

Even Sunni educators have had their fill of their crap.
Sunni Muslim educators call for crucifixion of Islamic State militants

Thoughts?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
To Jordan I say good job. I think this sends ISIS a real strong message that Jordan won't tolerate this crap either.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
The only thing I find kinda dumb with executing terrorists is that they are willing to give their lives for their cause. Is ISIS taken a back by Jordan's strong response? Perhaps they found it surprising, but they might still be celebrating for winning this fight, since their "soldiers" are willing to make that sacrifice.

Other than that, I have no issue with Jordan taking a strong stance and making a very big visual statement about how they tend to respond in future.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems ISIS felt the need to step up their game since beheading people wasn't getting the response they want anymore. They think by burning someone like this they will scare everyone into submission and they will stop fighting them out of fear. I think that is going to backfire on them.

IS seeks to up 'terror' ante with gruesome pilot killing - Yahoo News

I have to agree these terrorists are willing to die for their cause but still I think it was the right move by Jordan.

Edit: Sounds like this execution made a lot of Arab nations extremely angry.

Outrage in Mideast over IS killing of Jordan pilot

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
They think people are going to stop fighting them out of fear. Wrong. People are going to fight them because of fear.

These people are all sickening. How someone can compare Islam to ANY other religion is just beyond me, it's so clearly different. If they had the power, they would kill every one of us.

One day the world is going to say that enough is enough and we're going to see full scale war against ISIS. If the US alone unleashed their full military strength on this group then they could eliminate them in 2 weeks.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just hope Jordan is serious about giving them a real fight. I hope other Muslim countries join in instead of just tongue wagging. It shouldn't be up to just us and the Kurds to do something about them.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I don't know about crucifixion, but the idea of executing ISIS captives to make a statement to the group and those who might consider joining their cause would be practical strategy in my opinion. License the broadcasting rights to Fox and make some money to support the cause while you're at it. :D

- Cham

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
As a Christian I hate to see so much loss of life. These prisoners killed by Jordan were allegedly ISIS members but I haven't seen any evidence of what they did or what they are accused of. I'm a proponent of a strong military and these people really need to be dealt with, but an eye for an eye just isn't something I'm always comfortable with.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If the US alone unleashed their full military strength on this group then they could eliminate them in 2 weeks.
That didn't work out so well for us against al Qaeda and the Taliban. We vastly underestimated the time and cost required.

We can kill as many of them as we like, but we will never be able to kill their beliefs.