• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jon Jones out of UFC 200; busted for anti-doping violation

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Surprise, surprise.

Jon "Bones" Jones flunked a drug test and has been pulled out of UFC 200 this Saturday. Both Dana White & Daniel Cormier seemed really upset at this. Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt is now the main event.

2 questions in my mind:

1-How can UFC now really go forward with doing anything with Jon Jones. The guy clearly didn't get it. He screwed up yet again. He's heading down the path of Johnny Manziel and Josh Gordon. He just won't understand.

2-What can we make of the decision of putting Lesnar vs Hunt in the main event slot. You still have 2 other title matches on the card (Edgar vs Aldo and Tate vs Nunes) that could've fit the bill but instead, you go with the one-off attraction. Personally, I think this shows the star drawing power that Brock Lesnar has in both WWE & UFC but at the same time, if you're anyone else on the card, either main card or the prelims, are you mad to see Lesnar main event?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What a dope (no pun intended). Seems like that family is off the rails.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It sucks that he's such a fuck up, because he's so awesome to watch. It's unlikely but maybe one day he'll get his shit together. I really hope so.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Anderson Silva will now fight Daniel Cormier this Saturday night in a non-title light heavyweight fight. Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt has been moved from main event to co-main event while Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes for the Women's Bantamweight Championship is now the main event.

And by the way, Eddie Alvarez is the new Lightweight Champion as he KOed Rafael Dos Anjos earlier tonight.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Anyone watched UFC 200 this weekend? Some pretty big surprises with Amanda Nunes destroying Miesha Tate to win the Women's Bantamweight Championship and Brock Lesnar with a nearly flawless performance over Mark Hunt in his return after 5 years.

Now, the big question: will WWE allow Brock to work one more fight this year? Or ever?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't watch the fight, but I'm going to try and find it online tonight. I'm so happy that Lesnar won, and from the pictures I saw, looks like Lesnar got some pretty good shots in.

The bigger question for me now, is how do they make the crowd believe that Lesnar cannot destroy Orton at Summerslam?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
That's the big question. Daniel Cormier had a legit point after UFC 200 when he said that the only logical thing for WWE to do is to put the WWE title on Brock Lesnar again. But the challenge will be like the previous time: how to take away that strap without making Lesnar look weak. Obviously, the multi-man match would seem to be the most plausible option.