Movies Joker scenes to br cut from Dark Knight?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Jakey-D, May 17, 2008.

1. Jakey-D

Jakey-D Registered Member

I've heard across the net that scenes involving Joker may be cut from the new Batman movie! The scenes involve Ledger’s Joker character pretending to be dead and being pictured in a body bag. Apparently the aftershocks of Ledger’s unfortunate death are such that many in the advanced screenings are reacting rather badly to this moment and now execs are considering excising the scene altogether.

I personally believe that the scene should be left in. Ledger was a talented actor and I'd much prefer his final work was left intact for the sake of remembering just how good he was.

2. booku

booku Registered Member

I agree. I think that the greatest indecency here would be cutting his final work.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It's nothing but a hoax, some baffoon trying to cause an uproar.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Are you sure Cons? I'd be pretty mad too if they cut the scene.

I think WAY too many hardcore fans would be furious..

5. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

There were rumors to that extent a few weeks ago, but since then the studio announced they won't cut any scenes.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

that's good that they have announced that they won't cut the scenes, I do want to see Ledgers final work completed not edited just because he is dead.

oxyMORON likes this.
  7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There were lots of rumours of this happening when Heath Ledger was pronounce dead, but they've decided to leave his scenes in there.

I think it's the right thing to do, he worked really hard to portray the Joker, and it just wouldn't be right to replace his scenes or cutting them.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Good news. I hope they don't change their mind!

oxyMORON likes this.
  9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Glad it's just a rumor. Shame if they cut it for that reason.

oxyMORON likes this.
  10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

They should leave it all in. It's his final piece of work and should honor it by leaving it the way they intended.