Johnson Over Deng, Gordon Raises Eyebrows

K

Kidd

There were more than a few eyebrows raised when the league chose Atlanta's Joe Johnson to replace Jason Kidd instead of taking either Luol Deng or Ben Gordon of the Chicago Bulls , the Toronto Star is reporting.

Johnson may be a good choice but there are those who think that a team's record needs to be taken into consideration.

Plus, the fact there are no Bulls going doesn't quite seem right.

"I don't think anybody on a below-.500 team should be involved in the all-star game," said Chicago coach Scott Skiles.

"Having never been (an all-star), I'm probably not in a position to judge," he added. "They don't call me and ask me those things.

"But I think that would add some nice incentive to playing in that game for players that may lack some incentive."
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44733/20070216/johnson_over_deng_gordon_raises_eyebrows/

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There was so many players that could of went, Deng or Gordon where a couple that could of taken Kidd's place. But I believe Johnson was a wise choise, we all know his team is not the best in the eastern conference, but hes doing everything possible to help this team to become a good team. He's averaging close to 30ppg, and he does everything on the court. So they could of went either way.

B

bballinyao06

I don't think it should matter whether the player's team is doing good or not. It depends on the player himself. If the Johnson is playing better than other players, he should be the one to go. Just because his team sucks right now and the Bulls may be over .500, it doesn't mean that Johnson should be snubbed from being an all-star player. He's played well this season and he deserves to be in it. And yes, other players are being snubbed like Gordon and Deng but not everybody can play in the All-Star Game.

B

baller42590

I don't think it should matter whether the player's team is doing good or not. It depends on the player himself. If the Johnson is playing better than other players, he should be the one to go. Just because his team sucks right now and the Bulls may be over .500, it doesn't mean that Johnson should be snubbed from being an all-star player. He's played well this season and he deserves to be in it. And yes, other players are being snubbed like Gordon and Deng but not everybody can play in the All-Star Game.
I have to agree with you it shouldnt matter about the teams win percentage.

Z

Zanthrax54

There was so many players that could of went, Deng or Gordon where a couple that could of taken Kidd's place. But I believe Johnson was a wise choise, we all know his team is not the best in the eastern conference, but hes doing everything possible to help this team to become a good team. He's averaging close to 30ppg, and he does everything on the court. So they could of went either way.

That's ok Deng is a lock to make it this year!