Johnson: 'I don't want to play for the Bengals'

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Johnson: 'I don't want to play for the Bengals'

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I think that someone would have to make a really big offer to try to land the#1 receiver in the league right now. I do see a few problems with him wanting off of the team.

One would be money since he's bound to be a very expensive player for anyone that picks him up. Another is that the Bengals have to give up the best receiver in the league. He's also going to bring a might hefty trade price.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

What team would be most likely to pick him up anyway? I can imagine the Chargers or the Pats maybe.

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

...Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

5. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

I am sure alot of teams would make a play for him but he wouldn't work for the Pats, I have seen a photo floating around the internet of him holding a Redskins jersey with a piece of paper taped on back with ocho cinco on it. Now Dan Snyder does nothave problems with dropping cash for big names, but is he willing to give up the # of draft picks they may give up for a few years as would anyone else. And if I had my way the Skins would get him.

Right now he is under contract and Cincy holds the cards, if they want they can not pay if he doesn't play or even go so far as to suspend him for not showing up to camp. Remember how Philly did TO, Chad needs to watch his step. if he wants out he needs to go about it different than stirring the pot like he is and end up causing lots of problems on the team this year.

Good luck Cincy, you thought last year was bad, this year you go back to fully being the "Bungles".

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

CJ doesn't have nearly as big an ego as TO but he does do a few things that will land him in trouble. I also can't see him playing for the Redskins either.

And I'll be damned if we get swept by Cincy two years in a row.

7. Doc

The Patriots have Moss and probably won't have the cap room. I don't know much about the Chargers but Gates, Rivers, and L.T. have to take up a metric assload of cap room.

8. The_Burger_King

If he were to leave it would have to be on a team that has no big name recievers, where it would be all CJ all the time. But after this who would want him knowing he is a trouble maker. Would the risk outweigh the rewards on this one.

9. Doc

He wants to be in contention for a Super Bowl and all of the big teams have a top receiver right now. That could cause a problem with him trying to get onto a team without a top-tier reciever.

10. The_Burger_King

It will be interesting to see how this continues to unfold.