• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

John Ritter... and the fate of 8 Simple Rules

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Thursday Sept. 11 2003, John Ritter collapsed while filming the 4th episode for the upcoming season of the ABC show "8 Simple Rules...for dating my teenage daughter" and died shortly after 10pm from a tear in his Aorta... a rare medical condition that can strike without warning.

He died just 6 days away from his 55th birthday, but the real sad part is that his youngest daughter turned 5 the day he passed away.

John will most likely be remember for his role as Jack Tripper in the show "Three's Company".

ABC has decieded to let the "8 Simple rules" continue. The season premiere will air Tuesday, Sept 23 in its normal time slot (8/7c). The 3 final episodes Ritter finished will air with special introductions by members of the cast. Future episodes will then take viewers into the Hennessy household as they experience the loss of a beloved father and construct a new life.

Pianobone

Registered Member
I liked John Ritter, although I never watched "8 Rules." I remember him most from the "Problem Child" movies... lol.

Stargun007

Registered Member
Haha, me too. I never watched his new shows, but I did get to watch a few episodes of Three's Company a while back. Funny man.