John Morrison

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Aug 1, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

There's no doubt that this guy is one hell of a talent, he's been my favourite thing in WWE since the start of Miz & Morrison. Hopefully he'll be getting a title shot at Summerslam but.... I am really wondering if he can carry off World Champion. There's no doubt he has the in ring ability, he's one of the top in ring performers in the company. But his mic skills are definitely not up to par. Especially now WWE have made him face and he's lost the cocky edge he had when he was a heel (faces in modern day WWE have to be humble and respectful to everyone i guess :rolleyes:). For example, this is his promo from this week's Smackdown (skip to 5:00)

YouTube - SMACKDONW 31/7/09 6/11

That was NOT a good promo. Definitely not World Champ worthy. Once the big guns like Edge come back i can see Morrison losing his place at the top if he doesn't improve his acting. If WWE are going to put someone in a big feud, of course their going to go with Edge or Jericho. People who can cut intense promos and make the feud mean something. If that does happen Morrison might end up getting lost in the midcard/tag team scene...

So i guess my question is, do you think John Morrison will make it as a long term main eventer with his wooden mic skills?

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Somebody told me about him "yelling" during his promo this week and after I tuned in I agree with what they said. It wasn't good, and they're trying to turn him into HBK too fast. They need to let John talk with his normal voice, and not yell - or speak loudly - his lines.

I believe he cuts great promos compared to other champs like Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio, and his in-ring ability are amazing. I believe he has what it takes and he's ready to hold the title whenever they decide/if ever to give it to him.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Two words Jeff Hardy.

Jeff Hardy is probably the worse when it comes to microphone skills and cutting promo's but the WWE still put the strap on him.

I believe John Morrison is the next Shawn Michaels, he as all the tools to be just like him. I really hope they put the title on him soon.

He's definitely the future of the business, and I am really excited because of it.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I didn't think Morrison's promo was all that bad from Smackdown this week...Jeff Harvey's promo on the other hand was atrocious. I still dont get his appeal but that's a different topic.

Morrison is obviously a huge talent but I also agree I'm not sure he's ready yet. I wouldnt put the big belt on him until 2010. He's NOT an established main eventer...he's an upper midcard guy but he's got some seasoning to go still.

Put him in some big matches and slowly see what you have...no need to rush him.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree when you say there's no need to rush him, but you have to make him contend for the world title, he's gotten a major push since he broke up with The Miz, I think they should keep pushing him. He's impressing the hell out of fans, and I dont seen any reasons to stop that. I love Morrison and I hope he does well.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

No doubt they should keep pushing him and giving him a title shot on PPV is perfectly fine with me. See what he does on the big stage, have him lose, and then re-evaluate.

The sky is the limit for him

7. Evad

Evad Registered Member

Morrison is a good talent... He could do some great things if he finds his new personality (or goes back to his old Hollywood one)