John Morrison vs Evan Bourne

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Apr 24, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I don't know if anybody caught this match on last week's episode of ECW (14th April episode) but for anybody who didn't, i'd recommend watching it. Two superstars who i see as the future of the WWE really put on a good match.

YouTube - ECW 4/14/09 John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne 1/2 (HQ)

YouTube - John Morrison vs Evan Bourne 04/14/09 Part 2

This is the kind of match that WWE should be putting on all the time. Fantastic wrestling, fresh and unique spots, something.... exciting! One thing i didn't understand though was WWE's response to the great reaction that this match received:

I have no idea why they'd want to downplay the quality of the match. It kind of gives the impression that they don't intend to try and get Morrison and Bourne over and respected by the fans just yet. Which i don't understand because these two are the best things in the WWE at the moment. That match kicked the crap out of the WM main event.

2. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not sure...I guess their reasoning is that those are "internet slang" sentances and they dont want to associate with the internet. I dont know.

I like both of these kids alot and think theyll be huge superstars.

3. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Did you ever see Matt Sydal in Ring of Honor? If not then try check it out. If you have then you won't be surprised how good he looked in his match with Morrison.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I don't know, i wouldn't really say those phrases are specifically coined as 'internet slang'. I think they just don't want it to be said that the 'match of the year' was between two mid-carders on ECW. But again i don't really see the reasoning behind that... They should want Bourne, Morrison and even ECW as a brand to get any push they can get.

Yeah, i kind of wish he stayed in ROH. He's probably still gonna be the most exciting, high flying star in WWE but you know they're gonna tone him down a bit like they do everyone.

I just thought this match was great for a WWE match. The kind of match they really should be putting on every single week.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  5. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Trouble is Vince is a mark for big roided up bodies and he always will be. He thinks we would all prefer to watch Boretista and Triple McMahon over the likes of Sydal, Rey Mysterio Jr etc but nothing could be further from the truth.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That was a hell of a match, I look forward to see these two go at it many times in the upcoming years. I agree these two are going to be main stars in a couple of years. Especially John Morrison, the potential is through the roof for him.

I agree, I find it odd that they edited Striker's comments,

7. Millz

Boretista...like you already Anthony haha

Paul London was upset because Vince told him to tone down his style but I think its for their safety the most. Im sure Bourne wont be held back all that much

8. HappyFace

HappyFace Registered Member

I like how people get all giddy over these two high flyers but think Triple H is a poor athlete who is only where is he because he's married to the owners daughter, come on the guy is an incredible athlete and a really really good wrestler. He's declined in the years but come on he's had his own memorable matches.

But back on topic this match was very nice kinda reminds me of Nunzio vs Super Crazy way back when Gregory Helms was Cruiserweight Champion, they had a match on velocity and it was being called "Match of the Year".

9. Millz

Trips definitely takes alot of crap that he probably doesnt deserve. That comes with the territory though when you marry into the family

10. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I'm a huge Triple H fan. He's one of my favourite superstars in WWE history (though he desperately needs a heel turn).

But there's every reason to get giddy about these two. It's more than just high flying, Matt Sydal is an amazing wrestler worthy of main event status (check out some of his ROH stuff) and John Morrison is just.... brilliant. One of the most stylish, unique and talented wrestlers around. If it wasn't for his AWFUL mic work.