• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

John McCain Dead at 81

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
John McCain Dead At 81

After he elected to stop treatment I had a feeling it wouldn't be long. I wish his family well in this difficult time. Losing someone you love is tough.

RIP Senator McCain

Impaired

Registered Member
RIP sir, you did your duty as you saw it. You paid for for Freedom than most.

dDave

V.I.P.
War hero, deserving of our respect. Thank you for your service, sir.

Terrible politician and senator.

I hope he rests in peace. I genuinely believe he was a good man with misguided political principles.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Misguided or not, he genuinely fought for what he believed in and did everything for his country. That enough should warrant the respect of any US citizen. The true definition of an American hero.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
What should Trump have said. McCain hated him and said he didn't want him at his funeral.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
What should Trump have said. McCain hated him and said he didn't want him at his funeral.
He offered his condolences the other day and was grilled for it because of the way they didn't like each other when he was alive. He doesn't say anything else and is grilled for it. Even in McCain dying, those with Trump Derangement Syndrome can't talk about something else, like John McCain and his death. It's pathetic:D

May McCain RIP. He was a war hero and my condolences to his family. That said, he was the poster child for term limits, and when he got sick he should have resigned, but he refused to.

By the way, I find it odd how so many in the media and that have a platform speak so glowingly about McCain now. Many of them didn't when he ran against Obama in 2008. It's funny, and politically expedient to give a shit now about the man.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He offered his condolences the other day and was grilled for it because of the way they didn't like each other when he was alive. He doesn't say anything else and is grilled for it. Even in McCain dying, those with Trump Derangement Syndrome can't talk about something else, like John McCain and his death. It's pathetic:D

May McCain RIP. He was a war hero and my condolences to his family. That said, he was the poster child for term limits, and when he got sick he should have resigned, but he refused to.

By the way, I find it odd how so many in the media and that have a platform speak so glowingly about McCain now. Many of them didn't when he ran against Obama in 2008. It's funny, and politically expedient to give a shit now about the man.
So still no official statement of condolence from the White House yet? Got it.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Politics is messy, right? Like John McCain, Chris Kyle was an American hero and patriot. But when he died Obama, to my knowledge, said nothing and didn't honor his memorial that I remember. Kyle had become a political figure of sorts and Obama was going to get trashed for doing anything or doing nothing. Looking back I don't blame Obama for that decision.
It shouldn't matter but in situations like this where politics is involved there's no way for people to not get pissed off.
And I don't like some of the things Trump has said in the past about McCain and vice versa but that's beside the point.
McCain was an amazing soldier. His story is just incredible.