• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

John Grisham

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've read several of his books lately, and he's a very good story teller. The whole lawyer drama type of book probably isn't for everyone, but the secondary themes of the different books make them worth a read.

It seems like his plots are interchangeable, a lot like Tom Clancy, but not nearly as long winded.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never read any of his books. What ones would you recommend so far? What is your favorite?

I've also never read Clancy, but, I think I would like his stuff. I just have been scared off by the number of pages. I actually prefer long books if I like the story, but, I'm always afraid it will drag out. That's why it's hard to get into an author I haven't read before.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So far, I've enjoyed The Brethren the most. I've also read The Client, and The Street Lawyer, and I'm about halfway through The Firm. I"d recommend any, and I'd like to read A Time To Kill next, if I can find a cheap copy somewhere.

As for Clancy, I'd recommend starting with The Hunt For Red October and reading the first few Jack Ryan books. I never did finish Clear and Present Danger or any of his books after that, but that's a patience thing.