• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

John Edwards corruption trial

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If he is found guilty they should give him 30 years. Maybe it would send a message to other candidates you can't be spending other peoples money deceiving the American public and your family. His wife was sick to begin with and she had to deal with all this.

I can't believe I actually liked him or intended to vote for him. I guess a lot of people had misplaced trust in him. What do you guys think about all this?

Ex-aide's wife breaks down on witness stand

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Jail, revoke his law license, disbar him, demand restitution in the full amount.

That guy is a lawyer. He knew what he was doing was illegal. Throw the book at him.

Remember when the media tried to ignore this story? Remind me again who broke the story. Remember the main stream media helping him out.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The media will help someone out just about anytime it is the party they affiliate themselves with. I don't believe in covering up for anyone.

Edwards deserves to have to pay that money back and go to jail as any politician should that does something like this. If we knew the truth there are probably quite a few on both sides that have broken the law and cheated like he has. I would like to see his nuts in a ringer.

I really don't remember the media ignoring this story. Evey where you looked all they were talking about was Edwards affair then allegations of using campaign money for his affair.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The mainstream media ignored the story until The National Enquirer broke the story. I agree with SS, disbarm him and throw his ass in jail. I couldn't care less about the affair, that is none of my business, but he spent campaign money which is illegal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Breaking News 2
Impaired Music 0
Dabs Offbeat News 2
MenInTights Politics & Law 29
Jeanie Politics & Law 6