• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

John Cena vs Undertaker

HabsMike25

Registered Member
At first 4 weeks ago I was interested in this but last 3 weeks have turned me off. True this should have happened 5 years ago but WWE gambling by not announcing match is backfiring big time. Why should we be invested now?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I still believe he’ll come out when Kid Rock performs a mash-up and then "Are You Scared?" "He's HERE!" hits and he plays Taker to the ring to American Bad Ass, of course, Cena is at ringside. Something along those lines. People would Eat. It. Up.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have been annoyed by this...a lot. To me he shoulda come out by now and it has been frustrating. For WM20 he had been buried so it made sense he wouldn't be there until the show. Mania 31 vs Bray...he lost the year before, okay fine.

And hell, I guess its the same this year, eh? haha

Anyways I do wish he woulda shown but I gotta say...I am so looking forward to him showing up at Mania and kicking Cena's ass. He'll be there...they don't waste time for no reason and I think he'll cut a promo first and be more like the American Badass than the Dead Man. So as annoyed as I have been, I am still super stoked because let's face it, whenever he shows isn't going to make people buy the network anyway.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
To me they really should have started the Cena vs Taker storyline the week after Raw 25 where Taker's promo there didn't make any sense at all. Should have had Cena cut promo after promo to provoke Undertaker. Some may say that is to far away to promote a match but long time fans like us will say long term booking is much better. Look at how well in advance Austin vs Rock for WrestleMania 17.

Cena's promo the first week he hit out of the park but last 3 weeks it sounded forced & phony. I was disappointed that Taker didn't come out to confront Cena. Will it get a pop from nearly 75,000 fans on Sunday? Probably but WWE dropped the ball on this where it could have been much bigger than it is now

Last edited:

HabsMike25

Registered Member
I still believe he’ll come out when Kid Rock performs a mash-up and then "Are You Scared?" "He's HERE!" hits and he plays Taker to the ring to American Bad Ass, of course, Cena is at ringside. Something along those lines. People would Eat. It. Up.
Read a couple days ago the orginal plan was for Taker to come out first to old school Taker music then Taker would then pull out an American Flag & we would hear American Bad Ass thene. Plans got changed after Kid Rock during his HOF speech made some poltical remarks that WWE wasn't happy about