Movies John Cena is- The Marine?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Italiano, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

This is supposed to be coming out in October.

"John Titan is a heroic Marine who returns home after being discharged--against his will--from the Iraq War. Stateside, he finds himself back in action, when his wife is kidnapped by a murderous gang led by the merciless Rome. With everything on the line, the Marine will stop at nothing to carry out his toughest and most important mission. "

I don't know, doesn't seem like it will be much better than Rocky's "The Rundown", except Christopher Walken won't be making a surprise appearance.

But then again, people's expectations don't go too high whenever they hear a pro-wrestler's name in a film.

What do you think?

2. Blur

Blur iPimp

um...so he raps, wrestles, and acts...i guess it could work

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Personnaly this should be interesting because he does look like a Marine, and he's good on the Microphone so I believe that he would be a good actor, this could be a good movie or it can really blow.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Cena's character sucks, his raps suck, his acting will most likely be flakey and lame, and the story is cliche. Not really a formula for success if you ask me. Another gang-wars/revenge flick with a suburban setting. Boring.

5. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Hey if it's good and keeps u watching it over and over again like his music video "Bad Man" then hey I'll spend my money on it^^ His raps are pretty good and decent enough to listen to, his wrestling is good too and better than some of the wrestlers anyway. I think he'll do fine,but better than Triple H in Blade:Trinity....plz let him be better than that! >>;

6. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

That's not exactly much of a challenge.

Plus, Cena's popularity has gone down since then.

His acting skills are probably that of a blowup doll.

7. Kyo_Muramasa

Well we'll just have to see won't we then Italiano? Don't judge a person by alot of other things that they do that u think are bad, Maybe this time acting might be up his alley^^

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, sure, and Paris Hilton should have won an Academy Award for House of Wax . . . people were pretty accurate in their assessment of how good she would be. Cena will fail because his acting is mediocre at best. He has two emotions: cocky and angry. Perfect for a typical bargain bin Hollywood action flick. So in that sense, he'll succeed, but overall my prediction is that he won't be anything memorable.

9. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

So if what you're saying I shouldn't judge him by his actions then what should I judge him by?

*Waves hand in front of face* "You can't see me!"

I'm agree with Merc on this. It may not be terrible.

But I don't think it's worth seeing in theaters.

10. Kyo_Muramasa

Oh ok I see ur point. I didn't see it clearly in all the other posts u made lol ^^;