Movies John Cena is- The Marine?

Italiano

Film Elitist
This is supposed to be coming out in October.

"John Titan is a heroic Marine who returns home after being discharged--against his will--from the Iraq War. Stateside, he finds himself back in action, when his wife is kidnapped by a murderous gang led by the merciless Rome. With everything on the line, the Marine will stop at nothing to carry out his toughest and most important mission. "

I don't know, doesn't seem like it will be much better than Rocky's "The Rundown", except Christopher Walken won't be making a surprise appearance.

But then again, people's expectations don't go too high whenever they hear a pro-wrestler's name in a film.

What do you think?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personnaly this should be interesting because he does look like a Marine, and he's good on the Microphone so I believe that he would be a good actor, this could be a good movie or it can really blow.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Cena's character sucks, his raps suck, his acting will most likely be flakey and lame, and the story is cliche. Not really a formula for success if you ask me. Another gang-wars/revenge flick with a suburban setting. Boring.

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
Hey if it's good and keeps u watching it over and over again like his music video "Bad Man" then hey I'll spend my money on it^^ His raps are pretty good and decent enough to listen to, his wrestling is good too and better than some of the wrestlers anyway. I think he'll do fine,but better than Triple H in Blade:Trinity....plz let him be better than that! >>;

Italiano

Film Elitist
Kyo Muramasa said:
I think he'll do fine,but better than Triple H in Blade:Trinity....plz let him be better than that! >>;
That's not exactly much of a challenge.

Plus, Cena's popularity has gone down since then.

His acting skills are probably that of a blowup doll.

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
Well we'll just have to see won't we then Italiano? Don't judge a person by alot of other things that they do that u think are bad, Maybe this time acting might be up his alley^^

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Kyo Muramasa said:
Well we'll just have to see won't we then Italiano? Don't judge a person by alot of other things that they do that u think are bad, Maybe this time acting might be up his alley^^
Yeah, sure, and Paris Hilton should have won an Academy Award for House of Wax . . . people were pretty accurate in their assessment of how good she would be. Cena will fail because his acting is mediocre at best. He has two emotions: cocky and angry. Perfect for a typical bargain bin Hollywood action flick. So in that sense, he'll succeed, but overall my prediction is that he won't be anything memorable.

Italiano

Film Elitist
Kyo Muramasa said:
Don't judge a person by alot of other things that they do that u think are bad,/font]

So if what you're saying I shouldn't judge him by his actions then what should I judge him by?

*Waves hand in front of face* "You can't see me!"

I'm agree with Merc on this. It may not be terrible.

But I don't think it's worth seeing in theaters.

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
MercJesus said:
Kyo Muramasa said:
Yeah, sure, and Paris Hilton should have won an Academy Award for House of Wax . . . people were pretty accurate in their assessment of how good she would be. Cena will fail because his acting is mediocre at best. He has two emotions: cocky and angry. Perfect for a typical bargain bin Hollywood action flick. So in that sense, he'll succeed, but overall my prediction is that he won't be anything memorable.
Oh ok I see ur point. I didn't see it clearly in all the other posts u made lol ^^;