• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Joey Porter signs with Cardinals

BigBob

Registered Member
he Arizona Cardinals have agreed to term with free agent lineback Joey Porter on a three-year contract. The deal is for $17.5 million with a maximum value of $24.5 million, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Porter, a four-time Pro Bowler chosen in January to the NFL's All-Decade team, was released in February but reverted to the Miami roster because of a salary cap technicality. He was released again in early March.
Shocked to me. Cards are compensating for Warner retiring

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
A former Steeler playing for the Cards? NO WAI!!!!!!

Anyway, very solid move. I dont think he has alot more to offer in terms of production, but he is a solid stop gap, and his leadership, fire and knowledge could be invaluable to those young LBs.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Porter keeps his mouth shut then he'll be a good addition to this team. He's a capable linebacker. He brings a lot to a team, he's good at motivating people and takling people obviously.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He's past his prime. He was a lot of problems with injuries and play quality last season. The Dolphins benched him for a reason. He'll do alright for the Cards for a year or two but I wouldn't be shocked if they drafted someone pretty high int he draft this year or next.