• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Joe Thornton stripped from captaincy

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
It's a slow off season!

“@NESN: Joe Thornton No Longer Sharks Captain, San Jose To Enter Training Camp With No Captains http://go.nesn.com/XB6t88

Given Joe Thornton's history, I'm not personally surprised. Although I thought they would've made this announcement earlier than late August. Perhaps once San Jose got eliminated.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
This is exactly what they need. They need a fight for that leadership role, almost forcing anyone who wants it to rise above and be a leader. Joe wasn't a good leader, he had talent that's why they gave him the C. A captain's role isn't just talent, it's too bring the team together and make them the best possible team you can. I am eager to see this, people will step up and it's going to make SJ a better team.