Jobs

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by The Abyss, Nov 20, 2006.

1. The Abyss

The Abyss Guest

now i may only be 14, but I am alreday thinking about college. I have multiple ideas for things that i could do but i would like some feedback. thanks in advance.:cool:

Some ideas:
    Lawyer
    Politician
    Restaurant Owner
    Brewer (as a side job)

also any other ideas from you guys?

2. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

The four vocations you just listed are enough for me to know that like most 14 year olds, you haven't a clue as to what you want to do in your professional life. There's no need to rush to a decision right now. In fact, I think spending too much time thinking about it can become a detractor in your personal development. I suggest you focus on short to mid-range goals right now. Graduating high school, getting into college, etc....... Once you get to college you'll probably do like most of us did and change your mind about what you want to do with your life several times before you settle in on a major.

Hoosier.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally don't see anything wrong about thinking about your future, it's very important. Even though your only 14 doesn't mean that you shouldn't think of what you should do for a living when your older. Don't get me wrong school is very important and you should put your focus on your studies, and yes deciding a major is very important. But in six years you don't want to be asking yourself, what am I going to do with my life.

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Law goes into politics, so I'd say go law before thinking about public office. As for politics, go for school board, then city council, then mayor before statewide office.

5. The Abyss

The Abyss Guest

I repped you guys for responding. thanks.

Maybe i could also get some karma back...(hint hint :))

btw, I am also thinking about maybe joining a branch of the armed forces. Which branch i don't know yet.

6. deltabtry

deltabtry Guest

Depends on what your are looking to do and what you wish to gain or achieve by joining.

here's is an idea, if you join the Air Force they can teach to handle something like this...take a look.

http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircr...gin_Atlantic_Airways_Aviation_Video-7434.html

turn your sound up...

7. The Abyss

The Abyss Guest

I am thinking of become a navy bomb btechnician...as a best case scenario. what's your opinion on this idea?

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I also would like to be a lawyer..
    That job is for the ones who debate..I am a advanced debater..I think i would do good..

And Restaurant Owner is too much stress..The bills..the angry constumers..

9. deltabtry

deltabtry Guest

Not a bad idea if you like hard work and long hours, and plenty of time at sea. If your thinking of some career that requires a higher learning curve in academics of some form, then this bomb technicians field isn't for you...just IMO. Bare in mind all military branches have a mos in the judicial field also. This would require college and OCS, which by the way the military pays for. If you ever decide to go this path,,be very weary about what your signing up for, and be damn sure this is what you would want. Being in the military has lots of perks and prestige, and will have tremendous benefits after you are discharged, either in the civilian work force or in your personal life. That said, the military requires a 110 percent commitment for any enlistee 24/7, 365 days out of the year.​

10. The Abyss

The Abyss Guest

yes. I am ready for that. I have high morales and a strong work ethic. I also would like to know what branches do give you a "higher learning curve" advantage.